My grand dad's knife; A Cattaraugus knife

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, March 23, 2012, 11:18 (4418 days ago)

My grand dad carried this for decades. He gave it to me in 1984 or so. I gifted it to my dad soon after that. My dad recently gave it back to me. It is and has been a very usefull tool. can opener battle opener blade and standard screw driver. I wish a modern maker would build such a blade with the screw driver bolster... it would save a lot of blades! "The cheapest screw driver in the world does a better job than even the most expensive knife blade." [image][image][image]

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

My grand dad's knife; A Cattaraugus knife

by cable @, Friday, March 23, 2012, 15:16 (4418 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

never seen one of those.....looks nice, very handy and of course the history makes it wonderful!

3 remarkable generations of Leahy men

by AkRay, Friday, March 23, 2012, 18:45 (4418 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

who have managed to hold onto a pocket knife for so many years. I can't seem to keep from losing whatever pocket knife or Leatherman type tool I happen to own at the moment. Whether they get lost or stolen, I tend to replace mine pretty frequently.

I am very surprised that I not lost it.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, March 23, 2012, 19:03 (4418 days ago) @ AkRay

yet myself. So man y nice expensive folders and auto knifes...gone:-|

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I like it Rob.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, March 23, 2012, 20:29 (4418 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Simple tools, simpler times. It's all good.

RSS Feed of thread