Looks like one area of the economy is doing really well

by mcassill, Friday, March 23, 2012, 08:11 (4418 days ago)

...and certain preppers are saying that Ruger is suspending

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, March 23, 2012, 10:00 (4418 days ago) @ mcassill

sales... dumb-ass panic mongers spreading fear and lies...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

...and certain preppers are saying that Ruger is suspending

by Drago, Friday, March 23, 2012, 16:03 (4418 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Is "preppers" the PC name for what used to be called "survivalists"?

Yes, it is.

by anachronism, Friday, March 23, 2012, 18:00 (4418 days ago) @ Drago

Once I was crazy, now I'm cool.

\Just because your paranoid, it doesn't mean that no one is

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, March 23, 2012, 19:01 (4418 days ago) @ anachronism

out to get you.:-D

--

Just because your paranoid, it doesn't mean that no one is

by anachronism, Friday, March 23, 2012, 22:10 (4417 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I've never been paranoid. I was raised my a child of the Great Depression. Mom could make anything from nothing at all, and made sure her children never took anything for granted. We were all taught to be prepared for the worst, while believing the best is yet to come. Even the boys had to learn to cook, sew, and keep a household. We plant gardens, know how to can food, and everybody had to learn to hunt & fish. This could come in handy pretty soon, the way things look now. I grew up in the '60s, under the constant threat of nuclear war. Seriously, the history books made the '60s & '70s look like a big party, but that wasn't the case for the lower middle class. It wasn't until the late '80s that I first heard the term "survivalist". Except for digging bunkers, and blowing stuff up, it was pretty much our lifestyle.

That was a Jeff Cooperism just a general statement not

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, March 23, 2012, 23:29 (4417 days ago) @ anachronism

directed at you.

--

And of course we ALL know...

by Sarge, Saturday, March 24, 2012, 20:38 (4417 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

That it's not paranoia when the really ARE out to get you ;)

I knew what you meant Rob...

by anachronism, Sunday, March 25, 2012, 13:39 (4416 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I just felt that my original post left me open to misunderstanding, so I thought I'd give a little background to make my answer make a little more sense. In the 19th century, survivalists were known as "pioneers", or even "homesteaders". Now, there's been yet another name change to one that's more palatable to TV viewers.

there's even a TV show devoted to them now.

by mcassill, Friday, March 23, 2012, 21:08 (4417 days ago) @ Drago

:eyepopping:

Looks like one area of the economy is doing really well

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Monday, April 02, 2012, 00:02 (4408 days ago) @ mcassill

RSS Feed of thread