way off topic but falls under BEST SHOT!

by uncowboy, Thursday, March 22, 2012, 12:42 (4431 days ago)

This year I bought a new bow and started shooting archery again in hopes of deer hunting seriously this fall.
Well I have been tuneing the bow and shooting in my back yard at 15Yds. I have all ready robbinhooded 6 arrows and have brocken many knocks. There was a bumble bee trying to bur into my archery target hut. I told him he was flurting with danger and today he was huvering in front of the target when I was at full draw and I took the shot tacking him right out of the air at 15 Yds . This is one of my best shots and I needed to share!
The bow is a Hoyt Carbon Matrix at 73# shooting Carbon extreme hunter arrows.
Thanks, J.Michael

So, ya gonna have it mounted?

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, March 22, 2012, 13:33 (4431 days ago) @ uncowboy

;-)

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I am reminded....

by Glen, Thursday, March 22, 2012, 17:23 (4431 days ago) @ uncowboy

....of a bumble bee that I shot about 15-20 years ago. It was at 15 yards, and it wasn't with a bow, but my buddy is allergic to bee stings and we were way back up in the mountains and he was feeling very uncomfortable with the bee this close. He was buzzing from flower to flower (the bee, not my buddy) at all of 8 or 10 feet and I shot him with a my .357, first shot. Bill was impressed.

picked off a horsefly bugging me with my Single Six

by stonewalrus, Saturday, March 24, 2012, 17:18 (4429 days ago) @ Glen

I must confess it was the muzzleblast that got him at about 3 feet.

way off topic but falls under BEST SHOT! pics please :)

by cable @, Thursday, March 22, 2012, 23:19 (4431 days ago) @ uncowboy

:-)

way off topic but falls under BEST SHOT! pics please :)

by Bud, Friday, March 23, 2012, 08:15 (4431 days ago) @ cable

Like to see Uncowboy standing by the meatpole with that bad boy !! I shot a wasp out of the air with a longslide glock 40S&W. Had witnesses too.

I cheat

by Catoosa, Friday, March 23, 2012, 09:29 (4431 days ago) @ uncowboy

Dang carpenter bees insist on drilling into one of the roof beams of my plunder shed this time of year. .22 shot shells in my Excam PPK copy are fun and effective.

I cheat

by uncowboy, Saturday, March 24, 2012, 12:39 (4429 days ago) @ Catoosa

WELL I repeated the shot the next day. Not luck after all. J.Michael

took out a fly at 50 ft while on the rifle team

by stonewalrus, Saturday, March 24, 2012, 17:05 (4429 days ago) @ uncowboy

He was kind enough to march to the center of the bull or I wouldn't have screwed up my string. I was shooting prone with an Anshutz at the time - loved that rifle.

RSS Feed of thread