Primers: Wolf, Fed, Win...?

by Mike P @, Monday, March 19, 2012, 11:35 (4434 days ago)

Hi -

getting a few primers ahead. Thoughts on Primers? Has anyone used Wolf lately?

I've had a few recent Win large pistol fail, even with multiple strikes since January.

Leaning toward Federal or Wolf.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

by Bud, Monday, March 19, 2012, 11:43 (4434 days ago) @ Mike P

I like Fed and Rem primers. They fit better than CCI and especially Win. The Win's are just a tad too small in my 38's and also 45LC. However I've not had one NOT go off so far. I'm trying to use up all my Win's. Have pile of Tula that I want to try. I'd like to get couple cases of sp in tula as they were not available last time they were on sale.

by Amerileiro, SW MO, Monday, March 19, 2012, 16:17 (4434 days ago) @ Mike P

I've mostly used Winchester and CCI for years. I've not had any fail since I started seating them correctly back in the 90s. While I've bought some Wolf, I don't have any reports to make on them since I don't remember anything either good or bad regarding their performance.

I like CCI (over 40 years), Win, Fed, Rem... Not so sure

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 02:05 (4434 days ago) @ Mike P

about Wolf, Tula... Of course, we don't have 'em local but would have to order them while the old standbys are everywhere.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

by Lloyd Smale, Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 05:38 (4433 days ago) @ Mike P

i stick to federals for the most part in handguns anymore and allways in da guns or guns that are used for self defense for that exact reason. They go bang every time.

by Gila Jorge, Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 17:36 (4433 days ago) @ Lloyd Smale

Used to use Winchesters but now almost exclusively Federals....

RSS Feed of thread