Y'all with ATVs take note.

by Wildcat, Flint Hills of Kansas, Saturday, March 10, 2012, 19:28 (4443 days ago)

I picked up a Kolpin version of the Lousiana Guard Dog. One of those things to hitch your ATV in the bed of the truck so you don't have to strap it in. Love the thing. Been burning pasture today and running my truck through some serious inclines and the ATV hasn't budged. Dang quick to unload too. Well worth the money.

tell you what i did

by Lloyd Smale, Sunday, March 11, 2012, 05:22 (4443 days ago) @ Wildcat

I bought a cheap 3000lb winch from harbor frieght. It cost about a 100 bucks and then on ebay they sell wireless remotes for about 15 bucks for winches. I mounted it at the front of the bed of my truck using a plate underneath the bed to support it. I can put ramps on my tail gate hook the cable up and winch my 4 wheeler right up into my truck and leave it hooked up and it holds the 4 wheeler rock steady. It works well as my truck has a slight lift and big tires and it can be a bit unerving to run a 4 wheeler up the ramps. At least my wife says so. this way even she can load it if she goes out riding with her friends. Whats really cool and was the real reason i mounted it is we do crop damage deer shooting and probably load 50-100 deer in that truck each year and sometimes up to 5 a night. I put the ramps that i use for the 4 wheeler in the back and just set them up choke around the deers neck and let the winch load the deer. Its one of the best ideas ive ever had for my truck and wouldnt be without it.

RSS Feed of thread