So where do ya buy M14 magazines?

by Otony, Thursday, February 23, 2012, 14:05 (4470 days ago)

....cause I am gonna need 'bout 10 to sleep better at night! :-D

Just picked up a NIB Springfield Armory M1A Loaded with walnut stock. Paid dealer cost, as it has sat in the local pawnshop gathering dust for almost two years.

Guess our small town didn't have anyone willing to shell out the big bucks for such a beast. Makes my converted Saiga .308 look kinda puny!

Otony, happy man

by Frank McClelland @, LOWELL Michigan, Thursday, February 23, 2012, 15:39 (4470 days ago) @ Otony

checktmate is the place to go buy M14 mags. you got A nice rifle. congrats!!:-D

by Woodswalker ⌂ @, the Great North'Wet', Thursday, February 23, 2012, 15:42 (4470 days ago) @ Otony

Tony,

Take a look here. http://www.cdnninvestments.com/m14m1a.html

I have a PILE of USGI mags in varying condition...but those are mostly unobtainium.

--
Reheating pizza – sheesh. Totally destroys the delicate flavor.

A Smith and Wesson beats 5 aces...

Woodswalker AKA AaronE

+1 on Checkmate.

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Thursday, February 23, 2012, 16:12 (4470 days ago) @ Frank McClelland

nm

CDNN.com when they are on sale.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, February 23, 2012, 18:06 (4470 days ago) @ Otony

Sprotsmansguide.com and cheaperthandirt.com are other resources as well.
Nice buy!

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by Bob Hatfield @, Thursday, February 23, 2012, 18:08 (4470 days ago) @ Otony

[image]

I buy Checkmate brand from 44mag.com

by Jared, Thursday, February 23, 2012, 18:13 (4470 days ago) @ Otony

http://www.44mag.com/category/m1a_m14_magazines_usgi

All of the Checkmate M14 magazines I have have been great. They are marked on the back C.M.I.. i can't say the same about other no name magazine, and even some so called "surplus" magazines from other sources.

by Otony, Thursday, February 23, 2012, 19:54 (4470 days ago) @ Otony

I had already .44mag.com, where I have purchased plenty of AR magazines in the past.

It appears they have some pretty decent prices that match the "bro deal" at Brownells.

I must admit I bought this thinking you could still pic up M14 magazines inexpensively. :banghead: Not that this is a dealbreaker, mind you......

Otony

FN FAL and G3/CETME/HK mags are still cheap

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, February 24, 2012, 08:58 (4469 days ago) @ Otony

--

FN FAL and G3/CETME/HK mags are still cheap

by Otony, Friday, February 24, 2012, 09:40 (4469 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Yup, you are correct, and those very facts are actually what led me down the primrose path...:-P

I have no regrets, this is one beautiful rifle, and I guess you could say the magazine prices are similar to the price of the gun, on the higher side. I had thought (uh-oh) it would be like buying good AR mags price wise, "G.I. stuff is cheap" being the idea. If you consider that there is a whole lot more metal in an M14 mag I guess I can live with the price. Gonna hafta!

The real funny thing is that I had zero intention of buying this rifle. The pawn shop owner is a friend, and he had received a Glock G19 frame for me. When I went in to pick it up, I figured I would take a look at the M1A just for grins, but as soon as it hit my hands it was all over except for the internet shouting.

That's how it all happens... We need pictures.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, February 24, 2012, 09:47 (4469 days ago) @ Otony

My next/current on lay awake FN/FAL was the last thing on my mind when I got an offer I couldn't refuse on it. :-|

--

by Catoosa, Friday, February 24, 2012, 10:13 (4469 days ago) @ Otony

I think one reason M14 magazines, (ESPECIALLY GI mags) are scarce and expensive now is that the military has lately discovered that it is a MUCH better battle rifle at extended ranges and against targets behind hard cover than the poodle shooters they have been using for the last 40 years, and so are buying back all the surplus M14 parts and accessories that they sold off when they adopted the M16.

I wish I had bet money on this happening, back in 1969 when I first had the thought after my initial experiences with the M16.

RSS Feed of thread