Shot the new 6.8 SPC Mini-14 today...

by rob @, Monday, February 20, 2012, 20:08 (4473 days ago)

I wanted to be sure the iron sights were on before I scoped it. I have perfect for elevation and abot 1.5" left of center at 100 yards. Im gonna scope it now and work up a good do-all handload and then I'll pull the scope, get the factory sights perfect and then double check the zero on the scope. I threw 3 rounds a few inches left and low left but put four in a group very close to an inch. I am an absolute amateur and a poor student of the peep sight, so I'd say that's pretty good accuracy. I'm sure this rifle will do at least MOA or better after scoped. Recoil is hard to differentiate from a 223. I'm now confident enough in its potential to scope it, buy dies and loading components and a couple more 5 round and a couple 20 round magazines for it. Function was flawless. The only thing I don't really care for is the rear peep is quite a ways to the right and not well centered between it's protective ears. The front sight appears to be perfectly straight as best I can tell. I'm sure not gonna worry about that though. I'd post a couple pics but not sure how on this new forum. I don't currently have any image pages like image cave and such.

Rob you can use the upload button and load right from your

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, February 20, 2012, 20:20 (4473 days ago) @ rob

own photos.[image]

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

You don't have to have anything special for photo

by stonewalrus, Monday, February 20, 2012, 20:25 (4473 days ago) @ rob

Just click on upload beside the textbox and find the picture on your computer.

Ahh, she could fix a LOT of things:)

by rob @, Monday, February 20, 2012, 20:41 (4473 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Thanks Rob...I'll give it a try.

With my iPhone it doesn't give the Choose Pics option...

by rob @, Monday, February 20, 2012, 20:51 (4473 days ago) @ rob

Seems I'll need to email the pics to myself, save them to my laptop and then upload them.

Thanks for the report, more power with accuracy...

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Monday, February 20, 2012, 21:55 (4473 days ago) @ rob

nm

RSS Feed of thread