There is nothing that will make you feel quite so alive....

by Byron, Sunday, February 19, 2012, 15:48 (4474 days ago)

As a beautiful woman with a straight razor to your throat. At Teresa's urging, while she and the twins were shopping, I had a shave, haircut and shoe shine at a fine men's barber shop in Kansas City this weekend.

After many years of getting my hair cut for seven dollars in five minutes by old guys at an army base, this was really something.

I could get use to it.

Byron
[image]

You are a brave man!

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, February 19, 2012, 16:58 (4474 days ago) @ Byron

The place I used to get my haircut at used a straight razor for the back of your neck. It was a nice place, but at around $40 with a tip and all, the set of clippers Jenny bought me has long since paid for itself!

I don't think I could let anybody near my neck with a

by stonewalrus, Sunday, February 19, 2012, 17:41 (4474 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Straight razor!

I don't think I could let anybody near my neck with a

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, February 19, 2012, 18:41 (4474 days ago) @ stonewalrus

I was single, she was hot, she liked to wear low cut blouses, you can see I had my reasons...

When in the ROK got such a shave every 2 weeks with the

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Sunday, February 19, 2012, 21:01 (4474 days ago) @ Byron

haircut. You are right, it is a luxury that ranks right up there with a hot shower.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Yeppers.

by JLF @, Sunday, February 19, 2012, 21:45 (4474 days ago) @ Slow Hand

I have the same er... problem with my dental hygenist. Never in my life did I ever think I would look forward to having my teeth cleaned.:)

JLF

by Bob Hatfield @, Monday, February 20, 2012, 04:52 (4473 days ago) @ Byron

I can see myself doing what Henry Fonda would do in such a situation as in "My Name Is Nobody"

But if a guy can be at ease it is most pampering to the body

Bob

My girl roundeye......

by Byron, Monday, February 20, 2012, 07:34 (4473 days ago) @ Hobie

She numba one girl...

Byron

by Woodswalker ⌂ @, the Great North'Wet', Monday, February 20, 2012, 10:03 (4473 days ago) @ Byron

Byron,

you found one of the serious luxuries that we can have as a part of the basic grooming. While in Japan I had one like that every two weeks as a Saturday treat after work. The folks who ran that shop always put the cute young thing with us foreigners. She cut the hair, trimmed the goatee, shaved me and even tamed the bushy eyebrows, all with a straight razor, hot towels and a mug of soap.

Truly luxurious, and as Slowhand put it...there are other benefits.

--
Reheating pizza – sheesh. Totally destroys the delicate flavor.

A Smith and Wesson beats 5 aces...

Woodswalker AKA AaronE

RSS Feed of thread