Good deal on a DPMS complete LWt Wght Upper

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, October 04, 2012, 12:01 (4380 days ago)

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/513528?cm_vc=S014

I just ordered my second one.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

That is a good deal with bolt and carrier.

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Thursday, October 04, 2012, 22:01 (4379 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

nm

No big deal.....

by Byron, Thursday, October 04, 2012, 22:13 (4379 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I just bought a nice complete three five seven rifle for $400.00.

nothing wrong with a .357 lever dispenser, however --

by John Meeker, Thursday, October 04, 2012, 23:03 (4379 days ago) @ Byron

occasionally I just want to be ready to fire for mass effect, should a crowd come visiting. Or sumthin' like that. Civilization's veneer appears to me to be rather more thin than is has been, world-wide, since the last outbreak of mass homicidal rudeness. Back then, we had two oceans, a lot of natural resources, a heavy hitting industrial base that could mfg what we needed, and fairly unified set of core values.

Today? We are nearly as far away from WW2, as they were from the Civil War. The rate of change in our world is accelerating at near science-fiction speed: First World, Third World, Industrial World, Financial World, Ocean World -- the balance of power, influence, intentions, and goal plays in motion only reinforce that the CONUS is not the sanctuary and continental fortress that sheltered that last generation.

History is full of shock and surprises for the dominant players. While we haven't yet formed civil fire base refuges, I'd wonder if the our 18th Century ancestors, if apprised of today's world, wouldn't ask us exactly why we have not done so, or at least are planning for such contingency. Whether internal civil disorder, border war, or terrorists -- we do live in an America -- that lives in a far different world than the one of our youth.

So. Do I like my own little Marlin slug-spitter? Ya betcha; I'm trying to track down another one that I had Brockman do for me years ago. Even more svelte and slick than my recent buy. And, that is the 'ready'-house rifle, too. Other stuff is available, but it lives in an inconspicuous kitchen corner; just would like another one for the front door. Very low crime in this little ol town, now suburb, and happy to keep it that way.

Happy Shootin'

It was a joke...........

by Byron, Friday, October 05, 2012, 08:31 (4379 days ago) @ John Meeker

I just bought the M92 from Rob....

Very nice...have been busy....sorry I did not follow up with a thank you...that's a pretty lame excuse...

Thank you...

Byron

I think it is funny that I am recomending ARS while you

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Friday, October 05, 2012, 09:47 (4379 days ago) @ Byron

are getting 357 lever guns. I hope you & your family get years of use out of it.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Gloomy Gus, Me

by John Meeker @, Sunday, October 07, 2012, 07:31 (4377 days ago) @ Byron

Too much election. Shorts out my sensing of humor. Now visiting with wifes's family in Cave country, down I-65 in Kentucky. Working on getting my grin back, and investigating interesting Bourbons. Enjoy that handy little lever gun; wish i had a whole flock of 'em with which to play.

RSS Feed of thread