Two Smith & Wesson revolvers for sale......

by Otony, Tuesday, October 02, 2012, 20:20 (4382 days ago)
edited by Otony, Wednesday, October 03, 2012, 09:25

My interests have shifted a bit in the years since these were purchased. Right now I am raring at the bit to get into some benchrest airgun shooting, which involves fairly spendy toys. I would like to get in using a basic rifle (already own that) and a match pistol (none in the house), and need some good equipment as well (rests, new spotting scope, etc). So, once again, toys for sale.

First up is a S&W Model 15-3, .38 Special Combat Masterpiece.

It is, in a word, perfect. No scratches, no blue wear, no issues. It does NOT, however, have a box or papers. The original grips are somewhere in the house, but exactly where has been a mystery for about two years now, sigh.

It currently sports cocobolo grips made by Herretts for CDNN, and the fit, color, and finish is very nice. When the original grips finally appear, those will be sent to the buyer. Has a service trigger (grooved) and hammer.

Asking $475 shipped, and will include two new Safariland Comp II speedloaders.

[image]

[image]

Next up is a little gem, a .32 S&W Long I-frame, serial number 436xx. It sports a 3.25" barrel, immaculate hard rubber checkered grips, and a good blue. The finish is fading into a brown patina on the barrel only (?), and it sports wear and light scratches at the muzzle, bore is good, action locks up tight. Hammer shows some some speckling, and it and the trigger have faded to a fairly uniform grey, with some hints of color. This would be a great field gun for light duty use, and is just a cool revolver to boot. The pics make it look like a miniture N-frame!

Asking $425 shipped.

[image]

[image]

Two Smith & Wesson revolvers for sale......

by Charles, Wednesday, October 03, 2012, 11:56 (4381 days ago) @ Otony

Tony...You have lost your mind. Wait for the fever to go down and rethink this. These are two great classic Smiths that don't come around often any more. I have one of each, so there is no sale here and mine are not for sale.

You are probably right......

by Otony, Wednesday, October 03, 2012, 20:28 (4381 days ago) @ Charles

.......but truthfully I own so many guns it is a bit embarrassing at this point. I need to thin the herd before getting any new toys, and these were a few of the guns I decided we could live without.

When you have so many toys you don't/can't use them all it strikes me as not much use, so thin the herd it is. I also need to invest in a few expensive tools for the Sheriff's search & rescue team, and will use the funds realized from this sale to do that AND buy airgun toys.

I have few addictions, thank God, but one of the few is excessive consumer consumption. So every so often I am struck with the urge to cut back and consolidate. It is a temporary aberration, it will soon pass then I am on to the next excess......

Otony

save them as an investment

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, October 03, 2012, 22:23 (4381 days ago) @ Otony

they will always gain/stay stable in value. Think of the generations of grand kids that will enjoy the,/find them essential.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

save them as an investment

by Otony, Wednesday, October 03, 2012, 23:24 (4381 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

That is not a bad idea, of course. But looking in the safe right now, I have 32 assorted pistols. I still want to pick up another Ruger .44 Special Blackhawk and a Crosman 1701P, which would make 34 all together.

We have eight hands total in this family, four left, four right, already figured out "who gets what" and that still leaves a boat load o' guns. Gonna turn some into cash, won't be the first time.

A good handheld GPS for the SAR team is going to run at least 200+ dollars and up. A good 2-way radio is another 100 to 200 bucks as well. Then there are the Red Cross classes, first aid equipment, new cold weather sleeping bag, new hiking boots, yadda-yadda-yadda. Figure on a minimum of a thousand to get my foot in the door. Sure, I can muddle through with less, and re-use older equipment, but I look at this as a service to my fellow human bean.

Then there is the new airgun stuff. For all the hoopla, we probably shoot more airguns right now than anything else. Mostly 'cause the kids are still pretty little, but also because it is quiet fun. If I get into benchrest air rifles, I need (there is that word again) a good spotting scope, wind flags, rests, blah-blah, woof-woof. To me it is simply a sin to spend more when there is $$ stacked up in the safe. that is why I periodically sell things off. Some things, not all.

I can afford to sell a few things. About the only handguns I truly miss are a very clean Luger and an Italian SS Remington replica I bought as a result of one of Skeeter's articles (still have that issue of Shooting Times though!). There have been plenty of others gone down the road, hundreds likely, but those are the ones I find myself regretting. All the others, Smiths, Colts, Rugers, what have you, in the grand scheme of things, I won't need 'em in the end, hell, I don't need 'em now, so whats the difference?

It is simply turning one kind of toy/hobby/tool into another. Not like I am voting democrat......;-)

You are probably right......

by Eric @, Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 22:31 (4368 days ago) @ Otony

Do you have a S&W 25-5 4 inch blue you would like to sell.

I LIKE that little .32.

by AaronB, Wednesday, October 03, 2012, 12:13 (4381 days ago) @ Otony

Wish I had the cash for it. If it were a .22 I'd find something to hock.

-AaronB

That .32 needs a set of adjusto sights and lots of ammo

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, October 03, 2012, 13:05 (4381 days ago) @ AaronB

and someone would have a heck of a neat little Kit gun.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

That .32 needs a set of adjusto sights ,,,Wonder if one of

by cable, Wednesday, October 03, 2012, 17:25 (4381 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

those wonder sights would fit on rear ??

That .32 needs a set of adjusto sights ,,,Wonder if one of

by bob, Sunday, October 07, 2012, 13:48 (4377 days ago) @ cable

Cable,
I do believe that if it's a 5 screw it will, otherwise a drill and tap would likely be required.
bob

RSS Feed of thread