been looking for both a 45 Colt & 45 ACP Mountian Gun

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, December 07, 2011, 22:41 (4683 days ago)

I found a 45 Colt and sent the cylinder a couple moon clips and a hundred bucks to Tom Kilchoffer of TK Custom Guns. A week later I have a Mountain Gun that accepts 45Colts individually and 45 ACP via moon clips. I just received the cylinder this evening, so I haven't shot it yet.
[image]
I also picked up this Gold Cup tonight: It's a Series 70 that someone spent a few bucks on: fine checked front strap, light matting above that, a bit more course checkering on the front of the trigger guard, a pinned beaver tail grip safety, Bomar sights, Checkered arched main spring housing, long solid trigger, Swenson ambi safety, rowel hammer, fitted bushing, full length spring guide rod (Oh well) black wood smooth stocks, nicely beveled mag well a couple mags etc. Nice gun, I traded holsters for it , so that just makes it even better. I sold my first Gold Cup to help finance a move, been missing it ever since. and this has all the things I would have liked done but just couldn't afford. So, yeah, Christmas came early!
[image]
[image][image]

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by Sarge, Thursday, December 08, 2011, 00:10 (4683 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

That Mountain Gun would be hard to beat for an all-around packin' iron.

45C or 45 ACP sounds good, have to let us know how it

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Thursday, December 08, 2011, 08:45 (4683 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

shoots now. As for the Colt 70, my kinda gun, should be a nice shooting 1911, got to let us know for sure. What's left for Christmas gifts now ? Enjoy.

Jan stole the Gold Cup & is wrapping it. I'll have to make

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, December 08, 2011, 09:39 (4683 days ago) @ Cherokee

do with the Mountian gun until Christmas.

--

Lookin' good Rob!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Thursday, December 08, 2011, 13:14 (4682 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

nm

by Gila Jorge, Friday, December 09, 2011, 15:45 (4681 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Rob does that require shortening the LCs by the difference cut out for the clips..?
I usually shoot 210 gr or 240s at most....just wondering....sure is a fine idea...and my Mtn Guns are phenomenally accurate...espccially the 45 LC I just bought form a fellow back east for 700....

no shortening required

by bj @, Friday, December 09, 2011, 20:44 (4681 days ago) @ Gila Jorge

IIRC the .45Colt still headspaces the same as it did, but touches only on a little bit of the cylinder around the outside. Look carefully at the back of the cylinder and note that a small ring of the original material is left around the outside. The ACP's will headspace with the moon clips.

Correct, as usuall, BJ.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, December 10, 2011, 16:05 (4680 days ago) @ bj

nm

--

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Monday, December 19, 2011, 22:30 (4671 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Have they made any .45 ACP Mountain Guns besides the commemorative run for Springfield Armory?

RSS Feed of thread