Interesting Article in American Hunter---Not

by Drago, Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 20:16 (4388 days ago)

I was just reading through the October on-line issue of American Hunter. There is an article entitled ".357 Magnum vs. .45 Colt". I had saved that one for last, expecting a comparison of the two calibers for various tasks. Instead the author, Ian de Silva, described why he preferred hunting deer with the .357 Magnum because its recoil was more managable than that of the .44 Magnum, .460 Magnum, or the .454 Casull. .45 Colt is only mentioned as an afterthought in the price of handgun ammunition. The writing of NRA publications certainly has deteriorated since the days Elmer wrote for them.

Interesting Article in American Hunter---Not

by Frank S, Thursday, September 27, 2012, 11:37 (4387 days ago) @ Drago

Read the same article w/ a mild disatisfaction.
There was nothing of any real substance there....same old pro's & con's.

I'm definitely not a member because of the magazine

by stonewalrus, Thursday, September 27, 2012, 14:24 (4387 days ago) @ Frank S

The articles tend to be rehashed drivel.

I'm definitely not a member because of the magazine

by uncowboy, Thursday, September 27, 2012, 17:41 (4387 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Well I am glad I was not the only one. I held it out and read it first . What a waste of two pages. read the article learned nothing and couldn't agree with what was said. Yes a 357 will kill deer but more deer were lost with 357's in Pa in the 80's than any other caliber, NEW bullets will make it better but a 125 wouldn't be my first choice in a 357 and that is what the thought of the day was. Then useing pistol bullets in RIFLES turned a fair bullet into a varmit bullet crippleing up deer. My thoughts the bigger the better the tighter the sweater. :-D

RSS Feed of thread