Marlin 94 'plain wood' stock set wanted.......

by John Meeker, Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 08:40 (4388 days ago)

as in no checkering, and not the later 'plump' fore-end. Has the bbl band F/E, not the FE cap. Gunparts has pretty much what's needed, if you sift thru the catalog, but would as soon spend the money here.

Why the change? The set on the gun is crisply checkered in the diamond pattern and unmarred. However, I like the little carbines to handle more like a sleek 20 ga English SxS, than a 'rifle'. I pare the stocks, front and rear, down to the more old-fashioned, slender wood style. So, just don't want to do that to a perfectly nice set of factory wood, that'll be stored to be eventually sold with the gun, whenever.

Thanks for considerin'

Marlin 94 'plain wood' stock set wanted.......

by Byron, Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 09:10 (4388 days ago) @ John Meeker

Nuttin here Boss. But, if you do go retail, these fellas...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 14:38 (4388 days ago) @ John Meeker

might bear a look-see.

http://www.gunville.com/productDetails.aspx?prodid=25

That'un is for the 336...but they have others.

Thankee Kin'ly, Good source & bookmarked - no 1894,tho

by John Meeker, Thursday, September 27, 2012, 06:52 (4387 days ago) @ Hoot

Gunparts is prob'ly the bottom line, tho some unfinished repo's are roughly the dame price range. Whatever the source, they gets re-shaped skinny-wise and given a soaking dull spar varnish treatment.

Skinner rear is still in first place - and something durable and highly visible for front -- not decided there. Didn't find the Marlin receiver sight,yet. Going thru the hoard for the weekend gunshow, where I hope to dispose of some more clutter, so it may turn up.

Found a set of No4 En-file-d stocks I'd hacked, bondo-ed, and whittled into Pukka Sahib express forms. Like so many projects, I ran out of butchered enfields before they were perfected. Realized a California stock company was pretty close to mine, and readily available. Moved 'em to the workbench, anyway. Happy powder smokes to you & yr'un, and venison barbecues this winter.

RSS Feed of thread