Star Model B

by Remington40x @, SE PA, Monday, September 24, 2012, 14:46 (4390 days ago)

So, I made a deal with the gun shop for the Model B I asked about last week. Pick it up on Thursday (got a better price for a cash purchase, but only had enough for a deposit).

I was wrong about one thing: It has four magazines, not just two. I figure they have to be worth $20 each, so I'm into this thing for not much at all. It's in better shape than I first thought. Wiped it down with an oily rag while looking at it and a bunch of crud came right off.

If it goes bang reliably, I'll figure this to be one of my best buys from a dealer, ever (which should tell you something about my lack of buying skills).

Wrong!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, September 24, 2012, 14:56 (4390 days ago) @ Remington40x
edited by Rob Leahy, Monday, September 24, 2012, 15:11

Those Star mags are worth twice that at bargain shop prices. 3 to 4 times that, is usually the going rate. You did good!

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

What Rob said.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, September 25, 2012, 12:42 (4389 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

$30 is a bargain.

Your price is illeagal in many states...

YEAH!

by Catoosa, Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 18:58 (4388 days ago) @ Hoot

I've been glad to find used Model BM mags for $35, and the BMs are more common than the Bs. You purt'near got the gun for free.

RSS Feed of thread