Airport security officer has "accidental discharge" of S&W

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Monday, September 24, 2012, 05:57 (4390 days ago)

Airweight (442) seized from flight attendant. He was "trying to unload it". ???????

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/09/flight-attendant-tries-to-bring-loaded-gu...

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Monday, September 24, 2012, 06:39 (4390 days ago) @ Hobie

A lot of special skills getting together, right there.

S&W

by John Meeker, Monday, September 24, 2012, 08:10 (4390 days ago) @ Hobie

At least it wasn't reported as a 'high caliber assault weapon pistol'. The accurate - mostly - description and the notation that it was a self-defense pistol surprised me. Gotta wonder if it was a case of absent-mindedness on the part of the party to the 'crime'. I've not forgotten that i was armed...yet, but that could happen, I suppose.

I recently remembered to remove my LCP frfom my front...

by Boge Quinn, Monday, September 24, 2012, 16:54 (4390 days ago) @ John Meeker

...pocket before entering the "secured area", but forgot the extra loaded mag in my back pocket! I did manage to remember and dump the mag before I got into an embarrassing situation.

by stonecoldrc, Monday, September 24, 2012, 08:25 (4390 days ago) @ Hobie

More like a negligent discharge. It makes sense when you remember that the TSA is nothing more than a federal job program for persons who are unemployeable otherwise.

Hence the quotation marks... ;-D

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Monday, September 24, 2012, 17:18 (4390 days ago) @ stonecoldrc

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

by jgt, Monday, September 24, 2012, 11:48 (4390 days ago) @ Hobie

The most disturbing part of this whole story is the police officer not knowing how to unload the revolver without discharging it.

Ya suppose he was trying to find the 'clip dropper button"?

by John Meeker, Monday, September 24, 2012, 12:02 (4390 days ago) @ jgt

nt

"Hey, I thought the mag release is where the trigger is..."?

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, September 26, 2012, 14:08 (4388 days ago) @ John Meeker

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

TSA are not Police Officers in any sence of the the job

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, September 24, 2012, 12:12 (4390 days ago) @ jgt

description. barney Fife in real life...is far more apt.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Hey!!! Barney knew how to put his single cartridge in safely

by cable, Monday, September 24, 2012, 15:13 (4390 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

usually he kept it in his watch pocket. when i was very young, that is where i was allowed to keep my 22 lr cartridge for the single shot stevens i carried when hunting with Dad. always got to fire that cartridge sometime that day and after a few years of observation, i got to carry the little rifle loaded.

RSS Feed of thread