I bought a good pair of binoculars yesterday

by AkRay, Tuesday, December 06, 2011, 12:55 (4685 days ago)

I've been aware of the usefulness of a good pair of binoculars for a long time. I've usually bought Bushnell 8x35s, and they worked okay for when I was young. I moved from those to Nikon 10x50s, which were an improvement, but they are big and heavy. A couple of days ago I saw an ad on craigslist for a pair of Zeiss 10x25B binoculars and called the seller, but the weird weather we've been having made the roads too risky to drive on. I called the guy again yesterday, and met him and bought his binocs that he's had for about 25 years. They show some wear but he's taken good care of them, and for $200.00 I thought I got a pretty good deal. They're very compact and light, weighing less than 8 oz. I think I'll be able to put them to good use in the years to come.

Wow, nice find! I was recently given some zeiss 10x35s

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, December 06, 2011, 13:31 (4685 days ago) @ AkRay

made in 1909they are still great optics the coating internally is slightly yellow, almost a sepia tone, but they are still clear edge to edge, individual eye focus works great, in culmination, and in great shape. Quality lasts!
Ray, you are that master at finding great deals, find me a 200.00 pair of 10x50 Swarovski's, please...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Wow, nice find! I was recently given some zeiss 10x35s

by AkRay, Tuesday, December 06, 2011, 14:40 (4684 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Rob, if you can wait 20-25 years, I might be able to turn something up. That's about how long I've been waiting for some excellent binoculars myself. I'm glad to have these binocs!

I bought a good pair of binoculars yesterday

by cable, Tuesday, December 06, 2011, 18:29 (4684 days ago) @ AkRay

great buy! worth twice that!

RSS Feed of thread