Happy hunter!

by AkRay, Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 20:56 (4395 days ago)

Daughter Jenna's first grouse! To say she was happy is an understatement. Rifle is a Remington 541-CS, with a 6x Charles Daly scope. I think it was made by Redfield. I thought I would resell this rifle, but both my girls seem to think it's theirs now.

[image]

Happy hunter!

by plrrsDennis @, Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 22:11 (4395 days ago) @ AkRay

Great photo! Love the shoes. Dennis

Gals will adopt their dad's guns, won't they?

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, September 19, 2012, 23:06 (4395 days ago) @ AkRay

Big smile cute young gal. Ray you better have a shotgun ready to fend off the young men.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Thanks, Rob. My son buys his own guns, they like to "adopt"

by AkRay, Thursday, September 20, 2012, 12:11 (4394 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Jenna kind of surprised me last year when she said that she wanted to hunt a grouse. Both of her female cousins had already been hunting grouse and had shot some and they told her that it was a lot of fun. I didn't want to push my things like hunting and shooting on my kids too much, but they seem to be pretty interested anyway.

We went out every chance we could last year, but high school seniors tend to pack their schedules, so we didn't get out enough. I asked her last week if she wanted to go again so she found a day where she could and we went. I haven't been caribou hunting in years, but I bet she would love doing that. My whole family probably would. That's something to save for the future, I guess.

great ! grouse are scarce down here this fall.

by cable, Thursday, September 20, 2012, 15:10 (4394 days ago) @ AkRay

:-|

Happy hunter!

by Murphy @, Thursday, September 20, 2012, 10:41 (4394 days ago) @ AkRay

Good to see young ladies taking to the woods. Over the years, I've shared camps and hunted with a few different women.

I haven't met one that wasn't serious about really wanting to learn to hunt. And, when it came to camp chore's...I never met a female slacker. Wish I could same the same for some of the men who somehow wound up in the same camp with me.

As for that Remington 541-CS? I have two Remington .22's, a 541-T and a Nylon 66. The Nylon 66 was like the Glock of .22 semiautomatics. My 541-T is the one I reach for is I say...Yeah, I can hit that from here with my .22. I wouldn't part with either.

Murphy

Certainly is a big smile...

by Brian A, Saturday, September 22, 2012, 23:27 (4392 days ago) @ AkRay

It is always good to see a young person with their first critter.

RSS Feed of thread