Still working on rimfire scopes

by RangerBob, Monday, September 17, 2012, 15:56 (4397 days ago)

Any experience with:

Simmons 22 Mag (the low price option)

Weaver 4x or 2-7x rimfire

Nikon rimfire

Any Vector rimfire scope

Any input appreciated.

Bob

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Monday, September 17, 2012, 16:00 (4397 days ago) @ RangerBob

Simmons 22 Mag (the low price option)

Weaver 4x or 2-7x rimfire Have the 2-7x on a Marlin 995, excellent scope

Nikon rimfire Have the 4x on a 10/22, excellent scope

Any Vector rimfire scope

Any input appreciated.

Also have a couple of older Bushnell 4x Banner 22 scopes, these are great scopes. And best of all is a Leupold 4x rimfire on dad's old 39A.

Leupold...........

by Byron, Monday, September 17, 2012, 16:43 (4397 days ago) @ RangerBob

[image]
This 2.5x10/50mm is perfectly suited to this T1022 in that it has AO that allows dialing out parallax at different ranges.
[image]
This 3x9 on this Savage .17HMR is also well suited to the rifle and caliber.

Used Leupold scopes are readily available at gun shows.

My son has the 4x Nikon on a .22 and it is a very nice scope and truthfully...all the power one needs on a .22 unless they are target shooting.

Byron

I use the Weaver 4x on my silhouette .22 LR barrel. Works a

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Monday, September 17, 2012, 17:42 (4397 days ago) @ RangerBob

treat. My situational awareness (loose mount one time) and shooting ability (seemingly always) are the roadblocks not the scope.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Vector - a friend bought one and I thought it permormed

by brionic @, Monday, September 17, 2012, 18:33 (4397 days ago) @ RangerBob

well, with nice glass and feature in the specific price point. Had a red dot that seemed slightly misaligned.

I did not think it was a world beating bargain, but for a $150 scope it did not disappoint.

i have two of the simmons...surprisingly good!

by cable, Monday, September 17, 2012, 23:24 (4397 days ago) @ RangerBob

:-)

by pokynojoe, Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 06:27 (4396 days ago) @ RangerBob

Bob
I have a Nikon rimfire (4X) on a 10/22. No complaints.

by Nels Sale, Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 07:59 (4396 days ago) @ RangerBob

If I were you I would be looking at the Pride Fowler Rapid Retical Scope. I have a few of these and they work very well. http://www.rapidreticle.com/Main/ScopeItem.aspx?ID=5&grpID=5
These have a first focal plane retical in a 3 X 9 variable power. Clarity is very good to excellent and they stand up to about anything you would normally do to a gun or scope. The horizontal bars are marked off to 200 yards. They normally are in the $300 area and are worth every penny.

The only one on your list that I have tried is the Simmons

by Mark, Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 12:23 (4396 days ago) @ RangerBob

22 mag. I like that scope but I needed AO. I opted for Mueller on my latest 10/22 build.
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/618661/mueller-apv-rifle-scope-45-14x-40mm-adjustable-...

Mark

I have a couple...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 14:32 (4396 days ago) @ RangerBob

Like others put it, the 22 Mag is a surprisingly decent scope. I have one on a 10/22 and it is well suited for that duty. Miss Melodie disintegrated the center of a target at 50 yards on her first time shooting. It now adorns the 'fridge...the target, not the scope.

T'other is a Burris Rimfire 4x which was a freebee when you purchased a 3-9 Fullfield II...they offer 2nd scopes, GPS, spotting scopes, etc. evey now and again. I mounted it on a Ruger 77/22 Mag and am happy about everything except the "Made in China" sticker. I can't complain about the glass though.

Random thought....wouldn't a shotgun scope be set for the same close range paralax? That might give you a couple more options.

I have several....

by JD, Western Washington, Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 14:48 (4396 days ago) @ RangerBob

I have a Weaver 2x-7x rimfire and it is a excellent scope.

I have a Nikon 3x-9x Prostaff Rimfire with bullet drop reticle on my 10-22T. It is a great scope with optics that are beyond excellent and I love the bullet drop reticle, it allows sure hits on gophers out to 125 yards plus. Only down side is that it is a relatively big scope. I'll be buying more of these scopes!!!!!!

I have a number of Leupold 4x and 2x-7x rimfire scopes on various 22 rifles, and they are excellent and trim enough to look proportional and classy on a rimfire rifle.

by Nels Sale, Tuesday, September 18, 2012, 18:56 (4396 days ago) @ RangerBob

What I mean by between very good and excellent is when compared to US Optics, Schmidt and Bender or Zeiss. Take the time to pull up the retical information for the scopes. After you have used these for a while you will laugh at anything that does not have a decent retical or optical clarity.

Optical clarity is not limited to the center of the view. It means to the extreem of the optical view around the entire field of view at all powers.:-)

RSS Feed of thread