Berry's Bullets?

by woody, Sunday, September 16, 2012, 13:37 (4398 days ago)

Anyone shoot Berry's bullets? I shot a lot of them years ago in the 40 when I shot IPSC but that has been a few years. What I'm wondering is how there 38 cal bullets shoot? I have about 3000 38 special case I want to load up. I was thinking of using there 125 HP. Just plinking loads. Price wise there are the same as the lead I have seen. I want to keep the cost down the best I can.
Might load up a few thousand 357's also.

What do you use for load data? Same as similar cast loads? Any other info. Thanks.

Just did a "group buy" in our league.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, September 16, 2012, 20:42 (4398 days ago) @ woody

I ended up with about 4k. Haven't loaded any yet. We were told to use cast bullet data and go easy on the crimp. Couple guys in the league shoot loads of them and swear by 'em. I'd be interested in hearing what you find out and will do likewise when I find my "round tuit".

Berry's Bullets?

by Bob Hatfield @, Monday, September 17, 2012, 16:30 (4397 days ago) @ woody

I was shooting a variety of 38 special loads at the range a few months back. My buddy was spotting for me at a 100 yard gong. The Berry's 158 gr. hollow point over 4.2 grains of 231 was the only load that flew true to the gong. My buddy could watch the bullet in flight because of the sun. It deviated less than the lead slugs I was using. I was shooting a Model 60. THe gong was about 12 inches and you would be in grave danger you were standing anywhere close to the gong. I believe they were spinning true out to there where other bullets were wobbling off course somewhat more. My buddy said the Berrys bullets were hitting all around the gong with other bullets going wild sometimes. I would by them again

Bob

RSS Feed of thread