3.5lb Glock connector is installed in my Gen4 21 and...

by rob @, Tuesday, September 04, 2012, 19:48 (4410 days ago)

It's still not a 1911! But, it feels much better:) I didn't polish anything or change any springs, just wiped off the parts, dropped in the new connector and put a drop of Militec1 on the metal to metal contact points and wiped off the excess. I don't know what the pull weight is now but I'm pretty happy with it. I might instal Wollf competition trigger and striker block springs in the future but haven't found a set as of yet.

Brownells has the kit

by Miles Fortis ⌂ @, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Tuesday, September 04, 2012, 20:10 (4410 days ago) @ rob

as I said, the striker (firing pin) spring away and just use the other two springs.

Brownells has the kit

by rob @, Tuesday, September 04, 2012, 20:16 (4410 days ago) @ Miles Fortis

Thats the one place I haven't checked yet. I'll pick the kit up and install it. Might even polish the choice contact points with Flitz but wanted to see just what difference the factory connector made. If I had to guess I'd say the connector dropped it to around 5.5 lbs. much better but could still use improvement. I definitely agree on tossing the striker spring. I'm no fan of light primer strikes. Thanks for all the advice Miles,
rob

I have friends with Zev Tech trigger…

by cas, Tuesday, September 04, 2012, 21:46 (4410 days ago) @ rob

…in their match guns, they're really great but that's nuts, $150-$250 triggers.

I'd probably pay $200 if...

by rob @, Tuesday, September 04, 2012, 23:35 (4410 days ago) @ cas

I could make it feel like my GP100 in DA:) But my GP100 has an incredible DA trigger.

These aren't at all like a double action trigger,

by cas, Wednesday, September 05, 2012, 20:35 (4409 days ago) @ rob

, feel a lot closer to a single action. Not something you'd want on a Duty / Carry gun.

Though they do make a Duty kit, which seems to be their most expensive. Don't know what it's like though.

This was what we tried and decided not to use.

by Miles Fortis ⌂ @, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Wednesday, September 05, 2012, 20:40 (4409 days ago) @ cas

the juice wasn't worth the squeeze as no one seemed to feel it really gained them anything.

$$ wasn't the issue (priced Geissele Super Select Fire triggers lately?) and some Glockworx services are still used, it was just a gadget that didn't make enough difference to be worth it.

I may not even change the springs...

by rob @, Wednesday, September 05, 2012, 20:46 (4409 days ago) @ Miles Fortis

The more I dry fire it in the evenings, the more I like it. I'm getting a lot more comfortable with the trigger with just the Glock 3.5 lb connector.

I liked the Zev best of all the triggers I've tried, but,,,

by cas, Wednesday, September 05, 2012, 21:19 (4409 days ago) @ rob

,.,it had more to do with the metal trigger and it's shape than anything else.

I always tease my shooting buddies about their plastic guns with their "ticky" triggers.

I have several with only that one thing done

by Miles Fortis ⌂ @, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Thursday, September 06, 2012, 18:30 (4408 days ago) @ rob

a lot of it is nothing more than personal preference.

RSS Feed of thread