WTS - 4" Nickel S&W 25-5 - phenomenal shooter

by cubrock, Monday, September 03, 2012, 08:32 (4411 days ago)

I got this a couple months ago in a trade with a good friend for a factory reworked 1st Gen SAA I had. He traded me several guns, including this one, for the Colt. This is a fantastic shooting 25-5. I've never measured the throats since it shoots so well, but I would hazard a guess S&W got them right on it. It isn't perfect cosmetically, but it is darn nice. The haziness of the nickel is Ballistol, with which he liberally coats all his guns and it doesn't wipe off easily for pictures. :) He had custom stocks on the gun, which I did not get in the trade. I added these 70s era Magnas that I had in my stocks bin.

The 4" nickel 25-5 is one of the harder Model 25s to find. Tempted as I am to kee it, if I hadn't needed the dough to pay for a TLA, I would have never sold the Colt, so I need to get my cash out of it. $775 shipped from my FFL to yours.

[image]

[image]

WTS - 4" Nickel S&W 25-5 - phenomenal shooter

by rob @, Monday, September 03, 2012, 10:19 (4411 days ago) @ cubrock

Oh man! Second mortgage, cash advance on credit card, sell kids, ...???? I wish I could find a way to swing this but right now there is no way:(

That is superb! nt

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, September 03, 2012, 10:44 (4411 days ago) @ cubrock

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Rob,

by rob @, Monday, September 03, 2012, 12:55 (4411 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Will you buy that for me? I'll buy several Simply Rugged holsters for it:) seriously, this sixgun stirs something in me that few sixguns ever do. I'd pass three kidney stones for that 25!

Here I am tryingb to decide which guns to sell to finance

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, September 03, 2012, 13:05 (4411 days ago) @ rob

this myself... I hate to sell ANY of my guns. But my gun purchases this last 6 months have outstripped my gun budget considerably. So, yes, buy more holsters 775.00 worth, today: I'll let you shoot that 45 at CSA... heck, you can carry it around all weekend at CSA:-D

--

Here I am tryingb to decide which guns to sell to finance

by rob @, Monday, September 03, 2012, 13:08 (4411 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I understand...I'm still drooling like an idiot:)

Wow! GREAT guns, and that one's a looker.

by brionic @, Monday, September 03, 2012, 11:15 (4411 days ago) @ cubrock

xx

SOLD

by cubrock, Monday, September 03, 2012, 15:31 (4411 days ago) @ cubrock

Sold.

Thank goodness ;)

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Monday, September 03, 2012, 16:59 (4411 days ago) @ cubrock

I was about to put some stuff on the block I would have regretted later. That is a fine specimen of what I consider the most practical sixgun S&W ever made.

Thank goodness ;) A, YEAH! Dang A couple more redhawks down

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, September 03, 2012, 19:51 (4411 days ago) @ Sarge

the road and I'd be there. I should have a 4" and 7.5" Redhawk for sale midweek. Casting them and making extras.

--

Thank goodness ;) A, YEAH! Dang A couple more redhawks down

by Jared, Monday, September 03, 2012, 23:50 (4411 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

What caliber is the 4" red hawk?

44 but there is a friend in line ahead of you...

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Tuesday, September 04, 2012, 09:10 (4410 days ago) @ Jared

--

RSS Feed of thread