Removing door from Browning Gun Safe?

by rob @, Saturday, September 01, 2012, 21:13 (4413 days ago)

I have my reloading room finished and it's time to move the safe. To do this the door must come off the safe...and both bedroom doors as well. Best I remember you just open the door and lift it off but I'm not able to budge it. I suspect the door weighs an easy 350 Lbs. I'll have my oldest son here to help tomorrow but want to be sure you just lift it up...anyone know? Thanks,
rob

by anachronism, Saturday, September 01, 2012, 22:18 (4413 days ago) @ rob

Have you tried a floor jack, to see if it moves? I think you're right about having to lift it.

by rob @, Saturday, September 01, 2012, 22:23 (4413 days ago) @ anachronism

It's empty now so I just googled it and found it on a Browning website. There are Allen screws that have to be screwed up into the door hinge pin to release it. I got my workout in this morning. I guess I get a second workout tomorrow:)

by rob @, Saturday, September 01, 2012, 22:52 (4413 days ago) @ rob

When I screw the hex screws up into the hinge they lift the door slightly off the bottom hinge. They are just door adjustment screws best I can tell. I still can't lift it off the hinges by myself. Wasn't gonna go all the way by myself anyhow but I still like to know about how heavy it's gonna be and if it's free. Guess we'll see tomorrow.

I would round up some more trusted men

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, September 02, 2012, 09:58 (4412 days ago) @ rob

to assist.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I would round up some more trusted men

by rob @, Sunday, September 02, 2012, 12:51 (4412 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Got a party of four counting me. Not looking forward to it but I sure am looking forward to having it done:)

RSS Feed of thread