BBQ Kimber

by cubrock, Saturday, September 01, 2012, 11:12 (4413 days ago)

This one followed me home today. I usually don't go for such guns, but the price was just at what I considered was "can't lose" and the trigger is phenomenal. It is a Kimber Pro CDP II that someone polished the stainless slide and stripped off the Kimber "paint" off the aluminum frame. They didn't do a perfect polish job, but it is a darn good one. This thing is shiny as a new nickel. Truth be told, if I keep it, I'll probably scotch-brite it down to a matte finish again, as the high polish produces a lot of glare in outdoor shooting light. However, it sure is a spiffy looking gun. I reckon I could get away with it at a BBQ.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j12/cubrock/8-12/kimberprocdpiiartsy.jpg

Doh - forgot to use img code

by cubrock, Saturday, September 01, 2012, 11:12 (4413 days ago) @ cubrock

[image]

I've never been able to convince myself...

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Saturday, September 01, 2012, 11:48 (4413 days ago) @ cubrock

that shiny handguns or pretty redheads are ever a bad choice. The fact that I quit trying decades ago just might have something to do with it, though ;)

Nice Kimber!

:-)

by rob @, Saturday, September 01, 2012, 14:57 (4413 days ago) @ Sarge

No MSG

BINGO!

by brionic @, Saturday, September 01, 2012, 18:42 (4413 days ago) @ Sarge

I like both, as well.

Never really wanted anything to do with a redhead.

by Drago, Sunday, September 02, 2012, 02:43 (4412 days ago) @ brionic

Guess I saw Maureen O'Hara in Rio Grande, The Quiet Man, McClintock!, Big Jake, and Wings of Eagles too many times. ;-)

Dang, someone needs to refinish the front porch!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, September 01, 2012, 12:44 (4413 days ago) @ cubrock

great looking pistol. keep is shiny.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Nope. That is my "prop" wood

by cubrock, Saturday, September 01, 2012, 12:56 (4413 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Came off an old barn locally. Fell off the dump truck hauling the demolition debris away. I pulled it out of the road and decided to keep it to use as a background for pictures. Cut the planks up into usable pieces and it has been my stand-by background ever since. :)

I know that, just funnin. My background wood is from

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, September 01, 2012, 13:13 (4413 days ago) @ cubrock

the old outhouse that was the first building built on this farm we live on...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

my deck isn't much better than that

by bj @, Saturday, September 01, 2012, 19:52 (4413 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I use it for a quick and dirty background, usually it really is pretty dirty.

[image]

my deck isn't much better than that

by Tom Richardson @, Clarksville, Arkansas, Saturday, September 01, 2012, 22:59 (4413 days ago) @ bj

Got that very same knife down in the safe.
Jimmy sure made some nice knives.

Scotchbrite

by FOG, Saturday, September 01, 2012, 17:07 (4413 days ago) @ cubrock

Ordinary GREEN would almost certainly be too coarse, so I would probably start with GRAY. If the supermarket doesn't have them, you can usually get the different colors at the hardware store.

Stangely enough − or maybe not so strange − it also works better with OIL. (A LOT better.) Ordinary 'gun oil' is fine.

HTH :-)

PS: Nice gun. :-D

--
[image]

RSS Feed of thread