Best method for improving Glock Trigger?

by rob @, Friday, August 31, 2012, 06:47 (4414 days ago)

And before Rob Leahy says "Buy a 1911!", that's not an option:) I want to improve the trigger pull on my Gen4 Glock 21. Normally I wouldn't mess with a Glock trigger but this one feels excessively heavy compared to other Glocks I've had, maybe due to the larger grip and trigger reach of the 21. I know there are different connectors and springs and even entire kits (like the Rocket 3.5) but I have no experience changing any of this stuff yet. I carry it daily and don't have any qualms about a light trigger pull. Thanks, rob

by woody, Friday, August 31, 2012, 09:08 (4414 days ago) @ rob

Any of the aftermarket 3.5 disconnectors should get you what you want. Cheap enough and simple to install.

I second that! Along with a...

by matt/pa @, Friday, August 31, 2012, 13:55 (4414 days ago) @ woody

factory smooth trigger...works wonders for me. All of my Glocks have both of those mods and I have no complaints with them

Matt/PA

I second that! Along with a...

by rob @, Friday, August 31, 2012, 20:50 (4414 days ago) @ matt/pa

Matt, when you say factory smooth trigger, what do you mean by that?

Trade it for a Smith M&P?

by Catoosa, Friday, August 31, 2012, 09:39 (4414 days ago) @ rob

nm

Trade it for a Smith M&P?

by rob @, Friday, August 31, 2012, 09:45 (4414 days ago) @ Catoosa

Trigger on this Glock is 200% better than the trigger on my former M&P. I like the looks and feel of the M&P's but the one I had was a turd.

by Miles Fortis ⌂ @, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Friday, August 31, 2012, 15:21 (4414 days ago) @ rob

1 Install a Scherer minus (-) connector.

2 Buy a Wolff trigger group competition pak. Throw away the striker spring, use only the striker safety and trigger spring in the kit. The striker spring is just light enough to randomly fail to set off primers.

3 Now here comes the fun part. This risks the striker and trigger with bar parts so buy spares. Using a hard Arkansas stone, polish the flat end and angle of the striker safety, the safety depressor on the trigger bar, the end of the trigger bar and the tang of the striker and the end of the trigger bar where is rides on the connector to as close a mirror finish as possible without removing so much metal that the gun will not function.

4 Be prepared to change out parts at the first sign of the trigger pull 'going south' (but the life span of these mods is currently measured in the 'several thousands' of rounds so far).

Don't ask where the technique was developed, or who uses it.

Probably for your purposes, 1 and 2 will suffice.

I did not say this. I am not here!

by rob @, Friday, August 31, 2012, 15:40 (4414 days ago) @ Miles Fortis

Thanks Miles,
1 and 2 probably will be more than adequate. I've shot it enough I can probably see the wear marks and just very lightly stone those areas. Thanks, rob

by rob @, Friday, August 31, 2012, 21:05 (4414 days ago) @ Miles Fortis

The Scherer connectors are on back order at Midway and Brownells. Will the Lone Wolf 3.5 suffice or is it really worth waiting till around Oct. for the Scherer?

That'll work fine

by Miles Fortis ⌂ @, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Saturday, September 01, 2012, 00:17 (4413 days ago) @ rob

Just don't get the ones that change the length of travel of the trigger.

We actually use factory minus connectors, but they're almost impossible to get on the open market. The Scherer's are just my 'substitute standard' and since I've used them in the past, my opinion is grounded on that experience.

Just ordered "Glock 3.5 lb minus connector Glsp721"

by rob @, Saturday, September 01, 2012, 09:33 (4413 days ago) @ Miles Fortis

Its Glock brand and double the price of the after market ones. Got it from Amazon, the only place I could find one...they have one left through "I Love My Glock". I will order the Wollf springs from Midway if they have them. Thanks for the help and I'll let ou know how it turns out. All the forums whine about 3.5 lb connectors making the trigger mushy...I never felt a Glock trigger that I considered crisp so I'm not sure what the problem there other than whiners;)

glad you got a factory " -" connector

by Miles Fortis ⌂ @, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Saturday, September 01, 2012, 21:10 (4413 days ago) @ rob

there is no such thing as a 'crisp' glock trigger. Just squeezy. The lighter and smoother you can safely make it, the better you can shoot it.

glad you got a factory " -" connector

by rob @, Saturday, September 01, 2012, 21:35 (4413 days ago) @ Miles Fortis

Thanks, and I completely agree about Glock triggers...I didn't buy it for a crisp trigger but rather to sweat all over it and not have to worry about it:)

by Gary G, Friday, August 31, 2012, 19:47 (4414 days ago) @ rob

Buy the CD when you order the other stuff and the take down tool. It will walk you through everything....No Problem after viewing...I have to do the same thing on my Gen 4.

by rob @, Friday, August 31, 2012, 20:48 (4414 days ago) @ Gary G

I might just do that. Is there a particular one that's good?

RSS Feed of thread