Found a little jewel at the gunshow today

by Warhawk, Hot Springs, Arkansas, Sunday, August 26, 2012, 14:01 (4419 days ago)

Found this little jewel at the Fort Worth gun show today. First gun show I've been to for a while. S&W Model 36-6, in .38 Spl, SCSW says only 615 of these were made. Didn't get a box, just the gun, and it's been used so I'll continue to use it. Ought to make a dandy little trail gun.

This pic is not mine but it is EXACTLY the same, down to the Hogue grips. I'll get some pics of mine once it quits raining.

[image]

i have one in stainless, just like it otherwise and it

by cable, Sunday, August 26, 2012, 15:52 (4419 days ago) @ Warhawk

is a great trail gun......very accurate......outshoots many large guns that i have. several tests in past years, gave the accuracy edge to these, over the same size models in 357, even when shooting target ammo.

you did great, that is a keeper.

Cool!

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Sunday, August 26, 2012, 17:13 (4419 days ago) @ Warhawk

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Excellent trail gun. They only produced a few, because

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, August 26, 2012, 18:07 (4419 days ago) @ Warhawk

right about that time S&W figured out the 357 mag would work in those as well. I have one of the M-30 3" and really like it. LT Frank McGee begged S&W to make 3" M-36s for years . S&W Did, NYPD detectives bought em and their hits went way up...then there was last week...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I've seen 3" m37's

by Bj2, Sunday, August 26, 2012, 19:28 (4419 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

The m37 being the alloy frame gun. Back then they didn't have the barrel underlugs.

Found a little jewel at the gunshow today

by Winchester21 @, Southeastern PA, Sunday, August 26, 2012, 19:03 (4419 days ago) @ Warhawk

I too have one in stainless. It's one of my absolute favorite trail guns and I usually carry it when I go out into the woods. Rob made me a very nice inside the waistband holster for it sometime back, which adds to its appeal. Mine has Herrett grips on it instead of the Hogues, though. And I'll confirm that they are extremely accurate - mine is probably the most accurate short barreled handgun of any type I've ever shot. Smith did a good job when it designed and manufactured these.

Would love to find one of those...

by Brian A, Monday, August 27, 2012, 09:24 (4418 days ago) @ Warhawk

I let a friend beat me to a 3" M60 a couple years ago and haven't been able to find another one since. He loves it for his daily walks with the dog.

RSS Feed of thread