another comfortable way to carry an LCP not in pocket

by stonewalrus, Saturday, August 25, 2012, 19:08 (4420 days ago)
edited by stonewalrus, Saturday, August 25, 2012, 20:08

[image]Re-discovered my Crossbreed Microclip holster. Bought it before I added the CT laser and put it away when I laserized it. Lo and behold it fits with the laser. Has only one clip and you forget it is there. Nice option when I'm not in the mood to pocket it.

Very nice looking rig...

by Brian A, Sunday, August 26, 2012, 16:23 (4419 days ago) @ stonewalrus

I am very poor though. My daily carry gun is an AMT DAO Backup that is usually carried in my front right pants pocket. Some days that just does not work well though so I took an old eye glass case with a pocket clip, slit down the sewn edge far enough to insert the Backup and clip that inside my waistband in the standard strong side location behind my hip bone. It carries like a dream, never moves and I often forget it is there.

I used to have a 9mm AMT but never could get used

by stonewalrus, Sunday, August 26, 2012, 16:53 (4419 days ago) @ Brian A

To the sighting arrangement

Eyeglass cases...

by Catoosa, Sunday, August 26, 2012, 20:47 (4419 days ago) @ Brian A

Old eyeglass cases make great pocket or IWB carriers for magazines, too. Spare mag for my BHP usually rides in one. Not quick on the draw, but the corners don't poke my love handles neither.

The AMT's had a very spotty reputation...

by Brian A, Monday, August 27, 2012, 09:27 (4418 days ago) @ stonewalrus

for reliability, but this one has been nearly perfect so far. Picked it up for a song at a local shop and after cleaning it up and doing some minor tuning it has digested every round put through it without complaint.

I have used this case for many years...

by Brian A, Monday, August 27, 2012, 09:30 (4418 days ago) @ Catoosa

It was originally modified to carry a 1911 as a IWB, did a real good job too, but eventually got a proper holster for that use which is much more comfortable with the larger piece.

John Bianchi was inspired by the clean compact lines of an

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, August 27, 2012, 11:05 (4418 days ago) @ Brian A

eyeglass case and made his first speed scabbard for the 1911 that way.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Mine was prone to jam but mostly with one specific magazine

by stonewalrus, Monday, August 27, 2012, 12:16 (4418 days ago) @ Brian A

Nm

RSS Feed of thread