Confession time.....

by Otony, Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 21:35 (4423 days ago)

....been carrying a S&W Model 432 using a sharkskin Silver Dollar from Rob. Little 6-shot hammerless .32 Magnum, J-frame, nice Airweight popper. The Silver Dollar makes it feel purty light, but, but, but, I wanted sumpin' lighter yet.

Enter the KelTec P32. A whole 9.4 ounces of matchbox sized .32ACP, good for 8 rounds. It ain't a .45, not even a 9mm, but boy can it go a lot of places easily.

Not going to stop carrying the Smiff, nor its bigger brother the Glock 19/23/32 (take your pick, got 'em all), but I have to admit the P32 is hard to leave behind!

Otony

Right back at ya brother

by Jhenry, Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 21:41 (4423 days ago) @ Otony

I have a Kel Tec P3AT, same thing really in .380. The gun you actually take with you beats the one left in the car every time. I still carry the Glock 23 at work, and I sure like my Super Blackhawk as a woods gun, but that .380 slips right in my pocket and disappears.

Elsie Pea probably accompanies me on more errands

by stonewalrus, Thursday, August 23, 2012, 05:32 (4422 days ago) @ Otony

Than anything else

Confession time.....

by bob, Thursday, August 23, 2012, 10:04 (4422 days ago) @ Otony

told ya so!

So, Paul, Hobie? do we ban Tony...or let him off with a

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, August 23, 2012, 10:19 (4422 days ago) @ Otony

warning? Friends don't let friends carry mouse guns... BUT, when I was speaking with a very respected gunfighter and world renown instructor the other day, HE had a pair of .380s on...and a fall back plan to the 10mm, .308 and 12 gauge in his truck(easy to rationalize, isn't it?):-D
I think the LCP in particular and the 380 mouse guns in general have increased the amount of folks that carry ALWAYS. That's a good thing. I'll keep my J frames but I am glad you guys have SOMETHING in your pocket, besides the combo to your gun safe, when bad things happen.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Self defense guns can be just breaking contact tools.

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, August 23, 2012, 12:25 (4422 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I like more power when I feel I'll be more on my own for longer and unable to escape (and I don't run anymore) OR if I think I'm a high value target such as when I'm at the gun shop.

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

So, Paul, Hobie? do we ban Tony...or let him off with a

by Otony, Thursday, August 23, 2012, 21:58 (4422 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Darn, tough crowd here tonight! :-D

If it validates me as a member of the He-Man Club, I occasionally carry a .44 Special Ruger Sheriff's Model in either a Simply Rugged pancake or a Ted Blocker IWB.

Does I gets a pass?

Otony

Confession time.....

by Otony, Thursday, August 23, 2012, 22:00 (4422 days ago) @ bob

told ya so!

Yes, yes you did. Don't know why I didn't pay attention years ago! Would have spared me quite a bit of time and money not well spent.

Otony

Confession time.....

by bob, Friday, August 24, 2012, 15:50 (4421 days ago) @ Otony

now gitcha some Buffalo Bore solids. test whatever you put in the mag for rim lock!

RSS Feed of thread