Athens Texas CSA, hard to believe 22 years have passed.

by Murphy @, Friday, September 25, 2026, 22:34 (3 days ago)

It was 22 years ago today I first met up with a bunch of fellow gun enthusiasts from around the country in a pasture down in Texas. I drove back home that evening after having dinner with them and it was one of those warm evenings you could leave the windows down and enjoy the music. I never dreamed at the time 22 years later I'd still be in touch with a lot of them, sadly too many of them have crossed the river Jordan. I made the next years shoot in Clarksville, Arkansas the following year. A finer group of men (and their spouses) one couldn't ask to call friends!

Murphy

Of all the people I have met around the world ...

by JimT, Texas, Saturday, September 26, 2026, 06:59 (3 days ago) @ Murphy

I have to say that almost all of the "gun people" I've met have been among the best. It's an honor to know them, and that includes you Murphy!

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

Of all the people I have met around the world ...

by Murphy @, Saturday, September 26, 2026, 22:15 (2 days ago) @ JimT

Jim, I remember first meeting you in Clarksville. A pleasure and an honor as well my friend.

Murphy

Athens Texas CSA, hard to believe 22 years have passed.

by Paul ⌂, Saturday, September 26, 2026, 19:58 (2 days ago) @ Murphy

That was the one time that kept me from having a perfect non-attendance record... it remains a favorite memory for my sons and me. Met a lot of fine folk I'd only ever "seen" online. And have been privileged to run into many of them over the years in other places as well.

Athens Texas CSA, hard to believe 22 years have passed.

by Gunner @, St Louis, Monday, September 28, 2026, 10:54 (18 hours, 0 minutes ago) @ Murphy

Athens was a long drive but worth it, was a good weekend, I miss the Mattingly boys.

Gunner

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

RSS Feed of thread

powered by my little forum