Elsie Pea

by Charles, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 11:49 (4472 days ago)

Well, the LCP is loaded and in my pocket. Weight wise, it is just what I wanted. Now to see if I can shoot the darn things. In all truth, I am only looking to hit a base ball at 10 to 15 feet. It ought to do that.

10 ft - probably, 15 maybe not

by stonewalrus, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 12:39 (4471 days ago) @ Charles

I was using potatoes as targets and couldn't consistently hit them at 15 ft. You might want to go with the new Laserlyte laser sight - they're about 1/2 a Crimson Trace laser. I hit better instinctively shooting and just squaring up the back of the gun to my eye rather than trying to use the pimple front sight.

Yep.

by JLF @, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 14:03 (4471 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Not exactly a "sight picture" is it?:-D Add to that a DA pull on a tiny little fleaweight pistol, and you may hear the spuds start giggling...

JLF

Elsie Pea

by MR, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 16:19 (4471 days ago) @ Charles

On my P3AT Kel Tec's I found painting the front sight orange and the back sight white helped a lot. Didn't find a reason to switch to the Ruger when it came out. Although I have shot a couple. With the p3AT's it's not hard to cut snake sized sticks in two at about 30 feet.

Elsie Pea

by Drago, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 17:42 (4471 days ago) @ Charles

I always thought you hit a baseball with a LVS* not an LCP.

* LouisVille Slugger :-D

Glad you got one Charles.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, July 06, 2012, 20:41 (4470 days ago) @ Charles

Mine is an "always gun". Danged near tried to get on a plane 'cause I forgot it was in my pocket. Miss Beth saved my bacon on that'un.

"Target" pistol? Nope.

"Fun to shoot" pistol? Nope.

But I can always have it with me....assuming pants are part of the picture. It's always gone bang when it should. It's always fed whatever I've put in the magazine. Are there "better" solutions? Depends a lot on how "better" is defined. It ain't a bad choice.

Elsie Pea

by Byron, 10 feet...., Friday, July 06, 2012, 22:39 (4470 days ago) @ Charles

In that 90% of armed encounters take place within 10', it is perhaps overly restrictive to plan on hitting a baseball at that distance, unless you are planning on shooting rabbits...dinner plate is probably good enought...

Most that have killed the pracical or "modern technique" sacred cows of square off, present, weaver stance, flash sight picture, controlled pair and access for effectat low ready have learned to jerk the gun...square the back of the slide on the their man (put the metal on the meat) and shoot the gun dry while moving quickly to the side...odds of walking away without leaks go way up...

This is a very nice little pocket pistol...not a service sidearm...

Within its effective and realistic range it should be just pointed and shot quickly...

Byron

Elsie Pea

by Catoosa, Saturday, July 07, 2012, 10:52 (4470 days ago) @ Charles

Forget da sights - practice putting a mag full onto an 8x10 sheet of paper at 10 feet, shooting from "protected point" position with the gun arm held tight against your lower ribcage. Easy when you get the hang of it, and that's what a little gun is for - getting somebody off of you in a hurry.

RSS Feed of thread