ARE YOU “reverent of individual liberty”?

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, July 04, 2012, 11:19 (4473 days ago)

“suspicious of centralized federal authority,”& “reverent of individual liberty”as “extreme right-wing” terrorists. According to Homeland Security http://www.infowars.com/homeland-security-report-lists-liberty-lovers-as-terrorists/

any doubt in my mind has fled...TSA/Homeland security= Brown Shirts/Gestapo.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I am, and most on this board, are on many lists.

by ERSisk @, Wednesday, July 04, 2012, 12:14 (4473 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I am proud to be added to this one.

I Agree, but we still hold the important cards

by Jhenry, Wednesday, July 04, 2012, 12:15 (4473 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

For now anyway. We can vote as a people. Whether or not we as a whole, or at least as a majority, have the understanding and will power to make the proper choices will be shown soon enough.

Never ever in my lifetime would I have imagined things would turn out like this. We are not over the cliff yet, but if God has ever laid out black and white choices for a nation, he has done so now and in our lifetimes.

I choose to have hope on this day.

Individual liberty...

by pokynojoe, Wednesday, July 04, 2012, 16:45 (4472 days ago) @ Jhenry

"Never ever in my lifetime would I have imagined things would turn out like this."

Maybe you ain't lived long enough this ain't nothing new around these parts, Jhenry. Individual liberty's been under attack around here since the 1920's. Damn TVA! It all started with them. Don't even get me started on the "Revenuers". And then you have that episode of the Eugenics proponents, peoples around here be scooped up against their will and taken to the "county" and sterilized, yea, youen's probably don't know nothing about that. Homeland Security got's nothing on all them.

Joe

Huh?

by Jhenry, Wednesday, July 04, 2012, 18:32 (4472 days ago) @ pokynojoe

I'm not sure exactly what the point is with all that.

My point was presidential politics and where is it taking the whole place. I'm 51, and grew up in an Appalachian coal town. Don't presume too very much about me my friend.

I know it is hard to believe but there are people more right

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, July 04, 2012, 12:38 (4473 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Wing than you Rob. The anarchists that tried to blow up the bridge in Ohio or Timothy McVeigh for example. There is definitely a gray area that can be abused by those in charge. I think there is a point where extreme right wing and extreme left wing meet. Granted anything can be taken too far. I have heard of the IRS being sicced on people who were opposed to the one in power. What scares me is that if Scumbama gets 4 more years then the gloves are off and he will do anything and everything he wants to.

Sorry Tom OWS Protestors Anarcists Bombers are LEFTISTS

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Wednesday, July 04, 2012, 19:23 (4472 days ago) @ stonewalrus

Timmy was a Tool for the feds that got out of hand, now, they use fake bombs...OKC was tough lesson learned for the Feds...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I agree with you but the Homeland Security folks

by stonewalrus, Wednesday, July 04, 2012, 20:07 (4472 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Lump them for some reason. They are big on what they call "sovereign citizens" - which basically means groups who think they are above the law almost like they have seceded from the country.

Sovereign Citizens are NOT like the rest of us. They seek

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Thursday, July 05, 2012, 16:07 (4471 days ago) @ stonewalrus

to use semantics to excuse their misbehavior. I know one such fellow and have known him for nearly 30 years. His predilection for such things was apparent then. He wanted things HIS way. He recently tried to 'beat' a speeding ticket using this false reasoning. But that doesn't make him like me, who loves liberty and the constitution as written and hates to see it mangled in the same way he seeks to mangle it so that others, like my 'friend', may do as THEY please and hiding behind their form of false reasoning...

Sovereign citizens...

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

I agree - the ones I hear of are more like bullies that have

by stonewalrus, Friday, July 06, 2012, 10:52 (4471 days ago) @ Hobie

To have their way and trod on everybody else's freedom.

We had several vehicles in the 4th parade with "vote NObama"

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, July 04, 2012, 13:03 (4473 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

and similar sentiments. The Dems didn't even have a unit in this year's parade but the T.E.A. Party had the biggest group ever!

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

Good for you...

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Wednesday, July 04, 2012, 13:39 (4473 days ago) @ Hobie

nm

I never liked the idea of combining everything into one

by Cherokee @, Medina, Ohio, Wednesday, July 04, 2012, 13:40 (4473 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

"Homeland Security" under one appointed leader.

This fella is in trouble but so are a bunch of others...

by Hobie ⌂ @, Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, Wednesday, July 04, 2012, 15:31 (4472 days ago) @ Rob Leahy
edited by Hobie, Wednesday, July 04, 2012, 15:51

[image]

[image]

--
Sincerely,

Hobie

RSS Feed of thread