AK's Suppressor 1

by Miles ⌂, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Sunday, September 22, 2024, 12:05 (24 days ago)

For JohnKDM

[image]

--
Esse sine metu in facie inimici tui. Sit fortis et rectus quod Deus ut amo te. Veritatem dico semper etiam si eam ducit ad mortem tuam. Tuendam inops et facere no mali.

suppressor 2

by Miles ⌂, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Sunday, September 22, 2024, 12:05 (24 days ago) @ Miles

[image]

--
Esse sine metu in facie inimici tui. Sit fortis et rectus quod Deus ut amo te. Veritatem dico semper etiam si eam ducit ad mortem tuam. Tuendam inops et facere no mali.

suppressor 3

by Miles ⌂, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Sunday, September 22, 2024, 12:06 (24 days ago) @ Miles

[image]

--

suppressor 4

by Miles ⌂, CIVITATES AMERICAE, Sunday, September 22, 2024, 12:06 (24 days ago) @ Miles

[image]

--

suppressor 4

by A K Church, Monday, September 23, 2024, 19:08 (22 days ago) @ Miles

Suppressor 4.

A gifted 1999 22/45 Mk II. It bounced around my circle of friends 12 or more years, before it was given to me, with many problems.

The barrel had been cut during the NW Arkansas, pre-Missouri phase of its life, from 5-6" down to 4". Threads were well cut, but too long by half, so I cut it again to about 3.25" to get the threads reasonably sized.

Other stuff. Ejection/extraction issues...a borescope revealed a decent gouge in the chamber, reliably sticking cases once per magazine, and even more as it got dirtier. I've polished the chamber twice. It requires high speed ammo, and will choke not far past 100 rounds unless cleaned. But up to that I'm prepared to call it reliable.

It also has a gouge in the rifling, but with my current effed eyesight, I can't really tell you how accurate it is or isn't. On down the road I may lap it.

It has had a rough life, but I love it, and am tender to it.

Volqartsen doesn't do much for these 1st gen guns, and the rest of the aftermarket isn't much, either. Anyway, it has such V'sen fire controls as they make.

The can is a Thunder Beast Arms 22TD. Titanium tube, stainless baffles. Nicest in quality I have, and quietest. I paid almost 400 pre Covid 2019 bucks for it, and wish now I'd gotten 2.

suppressor 3

by A K Church, Monday, September 23, 2024, 18:53 (22 days ago) @ Miles

1988 skinny barrel Mk II, lopped back to 3 1/2". When I built it, a lot of large diameter direct thread 5.56 cans were out there, and I wanted to be able to use one...which I never did. So I put a Heinie front sight on the receiver ring, and opened the rear notch a little.

Volkswagen internals. Parkerized. I lost the mainspring housing, so I bought a stainless replacement, the first thing I found. Older CDNN closeout G10 grips, maybe from TacSol?

Untemperamental, shoots better as a 3 1/2 than it did as a 6". Again my gunsmith did great meticulous crown. HiSpeed, subsonics, it is reliable with whatever. A most successful project.

Can is a locally made entry level number, by a defunct shop. It was my first can in 2016. They made 50 before they locked their doors. It isn't bad.

suppressor 2

by A K Church, Monday, September 23, 2024, 18:44 (22 days ago) @ Miles

Keystone Arms Chipmunk pistol in .22LR.

It was 10", I've had my (now retired) gunsmith lop it to 4 1/2", and recrown. Even with the flutes, there's enough meat for a 1/2x28 thread. The front of the cut stock was Acra-Glas filled to give it a somewhat finished look.

Can is an AAC Aviator. Pretty good little can, though the rear cap wants to come off the tube when it gets hot.

My guy crowned it nicely, and did such contact surface polishing as he could on the trigger surfaces. Trigger is long, but light, likely about as good as one of the simple guns can be tuned. The things are ludicrously simple.

Hollywood Quiet is not hard to achieve with this. Internet wisdom says EVERYTHING .22LR is subsonic out of a 4 1/2" barrel. Any of a number of subsonic rounds will do it. No port pop, of course.

Basic Primary Arms red dot. This requires a proprietary rimfire base, and on that is a cheap Chinese Picatinny adapter. It's rinkydink, but it works.

Ergonomics are awful, and no left hander would ever want to try shooting this thing. It's big and bulky, but very light.

Hey AK........details???

by Gunner @, St Louis, Monday, September 23, 2024, 16:17 (22 days ago) @ Miles

We the people need details, you cant just post gun pics without details, brand, models etc.

Gunner

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

Hey AK........details???

by A K Church, Monday, September 23, 2024, 19:09 (22 days ago) @ Gunner

You're right, of course.

AK's Suppressor 1

by A K Church, Monday, September 23, 2024, 18:30 (22 days ago) @ Miles
edited by A K Church, Monday, September 23, 2024, 19:13

Suppressor 1 is a Silencerco Warlock II. A bit of a disappointment in terms of noise moderation, honestly.

SBR is an internally stock 10/22. Pike Arms 4.5" barrel, AGP folding stock. Older, like I think the oughts, SIG dot sight.

It requires HiSpeed to be reliable, and accuracy is something I've never gotten to. When I get more time, sorting this thing out is a priority.

Good Idea!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, September 30, 2024, 17:01 (15 days ago) @ Miles

[image]
This is a 30 cal KDM with the adapter for .smaller barrels. Just goofing with it. here. I have a couple KDM .22LR sized cans as well
[image]
My Lipsey's SR22 with a proper can and my Silent Partner chest rig.
[image]
This is a Pac Nor upper on a MKI that Matt O and John K gifted me the night I bought my first suppressor from KDM. This is a Filed and Stream Holster that allows me to carry the can one the gun or in the pouch.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

RSS Feed of thread