Just Back From Boise, Idaho

by JimT, Texas, Thursday, September 12, 2024, 21:46 (33 days ago)

I flew up to Boise on Monday September 9th to see John Taffin and came back to Texas today September 12th. I spent the time with Milt and Karen Morrison and visited with John each day while there. John has been in rehab since the kidney surgery. The surgery went very well. The doctors were extremely pleased. But he has not recovered his strength. He could not walk or get up out of a chair by himself. So he spent time in rehab and finally came home a couple days before I arrived.

Wednesday evening Brian Pearce came down and Milt, Karen and I joined with him at John's and we had a great time! John is getting up by himself, using a walker, and getting around. Therapists come to the home and work with him and hopefully he will continue to improve. We had a couple times of prayer and some really nice visits. Thank you for keeping him in your thoughts and prayers.

Keep your eyes open. Soon there will be some new sixguns on the market in honor of John Taffin. They will be made by Ruger and be his "Perfect Packin' Pistols." The first will be stainless .45 Colts on the smaller frame, with a .45 ACP cylinder with them. I believe there will be several barrel length options. The serial numbers will begin with JT. They should start being available by the end of the month.

I posted some photos on Leverguns. They are too large to post here.

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

That's great news.

by AaronB, Friday, September 13, 2024, 06:29 (33 days ago) @ JimT

One does wonder whether any stampings or roll marks on the guns will be in ALL CAPS. :-D

-AaronB

Great to see this Jim.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Friday, September 13, 2024, 07:35 (33 days ago) @ JimT

Thank you.

by jgt, Friday, September 13, 2024, 08:53 (33 days ago) @ JimT

Thanks Jim, for the update. Prayers continued.

Good to hear!

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Friday, September 13, 2024, 10:11 (33 days ago) @ JimT

Hope his recovery continues to go well.

I have a blued 4-5/8” flat top .45 and a stainless one would make a great match; especially if it’s a JT special model!

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

by Paul ⌂, Friday, September 13, 2024, 17:18 (33 days ago) @ JimT

I'm glad for the firsthand report. How's Dot getting along? The last two times I was through there it just didn't work out to stop in and visit. John and Dot are special people.

She has her own issues ... she's on a walker also ...

by JimT, Texas, Friday, September 13, 2024, 17:45 (33 days ago) @ Paul

and while she gets around better than John right now, she still can only do so much. Thankfully they have family nearby and Milt & Karen are not too awful far away.

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

And that brings up...

by Paul ⌂, Saturday, September 14, 2024, 09:29 (32 days ago) @ JimT

how are Karen and Milt getting on? Missed seeing them at Raton last year, don't know if they were there this year or not as I didn't make it.

This getting old ain't for sissies, that's for sure!

I did not make The Holiday this year either.

by JimT, Texas, Saturday, September 14, 2024, 09:57 (32 days ago) @ Paul

I plan on being there this next year, the Lord willing. The 40th Anniversary of The Shootists!

Milt and Karen are doing OK. They both have had some medical issues but are getting along fine now. Milt's shop in Nampa, ID is doing OK and keeping him busy. He has some interesting projects going on.

Karen works from home and does well. They live just outside Nampa.

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

I did not make The Holiday this year either.

by Paul ⌂, Saturday, September 14, 2024, 10:21 (32 days ago) @ JimT

That's good to hear! Thanks for the updates. The jury's still out on whether I'll be able to make it there next year or not. Time will tell.

There will be a 40th Anniversary Shootists firearm

by JimT, Texas, Saturday, September 14, 2024, 10:55 (32 days ago) @ Paul

I am gonna have to spend the money ... not that it's chore. :-)

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

Still waiting for details...

by Paul ⌂, Saturday, September 14, 2024, 12:28 (32 days ago) @ JimT

Curiosity killed the cat, thankfully I'm not a feline. :-D

It will be a levergun ...

by JimT, Texas, Saturday, September 14, 2024, 13:10 (32 days ago) @ Paul

Marlin ... I was told .44 Magnum. I did not get any details as to markings, wood, etc.

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

If that's the case...

by Paul ⌂, Saturday, September 14, 2024, 20:03 (31 days ago) @ JimT

and I can find a way to finance it, I'll finally have a use for those 44 Mag cases I've scrounged over the years. :-)

by Gary G, Monday, September 16, 2024, 20:18 (29 days ago) @ JimT

Thank ypu for the update,,,I have been very curious as to the heath of Mr Taffin....Glad they are making positive progress

RSS Feed of thread