.32 S&W Rimfire rides again!

by AaronB, Thursday, September 12, 2024, 08:23 (34 days ago)

For old-timey gun wonks this is pure gold...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtWPY0LN7u4

If you see any old-timey gun wonks, be sure and let 'em know...

-AaronB

Interesting. When I was a kid, a cousin's family had two

by JohnKDM, Thursday, September 12, 2024, 13:14 (34 days ago) @ AaronB

32RF single shot rifles - Remingtons, IIRC. One was in really nice condition and the other was well used. They also had several ancient boxes of ammo in short and long format. We were really interested in the 'big 22lr' so we fired a few rounds and put them back in the rack. I bet they were quite effective rabbit rollers during the Depression.

His parents are long dead, but I bet he still has the guns and ammo.

by A K Church, Friday, September 13, 2024, 01:34 (33 days ago) @ JohnKDM

The most interesting one I ever saw was a Marlin 1992, which a long-ago acquaintance in Lenexa Kansas had.

It was factory set up for either a .32RF, or with a firing pin switch, a .32CF....32 SC best I recall. Big coin slotted screw on the receiver visually just like a Marlin 39 screw, but to retain a sideplate.

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Friday, September 13, 2024, 10:20 (33 days ago) @ A K Church

I picked one of those up several years ago with the intent of a quick and easy conversion to .32 SWL. It has the rimfire firing pin and at the time, Wideners had centerfire ones available. I messed around and never ordered one and now they are out of stock and they said they weren’t sure when they would make any more. This one is pretty rough, but it seems like it’s all there. It’s kind of an oddball as it has a longer than standard barrel. I forget now what was standard but this one was 4” longer, I believe. If it weren’t so rough, it might have some collector value but I doubt it in its current condition. Yet another project I need to work on…

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Friday, September 13, 2024, 10:17 (33 days ago) @ JohnKDM

I had a little Rolling block years ago in .32 RF. Back when you could easily buy Navy Arms ammo. I shot it some and it was fun. A slightly bigger .22. I think that one was a Meriden? It had a big cone on the take down lever/screw so it would continue to stay tight as the gun wore.

I currently have a Remington Roller that I am in the process of converting to .32 SWL. That project, like others, has floundered on the work bench for far too long.

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Rimfire adapters on Gunbroker

by AaronB, Friday, September 13, 2024, 06:27 (33 days ago) @ AaronB

Sure enough, there's a fellow on Gunbroker who makes these for .32, .38, and .41 Short Rimfire.

If he were to make a run in .44 Henry Rimfire I bet he'd sell a few, even as pricey as they are (and I can't blame him for the price, there's a lot of machining in those adapters).

Rimfire Adapters on Gunbroker

-AaronB

RSS Feed of thread