Nearly 23 years after...

by Paul ⌂, Wednesday, September 11, 2024, 08:14 (35 days ago)

Earlier this year we traveled to Virginia to see our son promoted to Master Sergeant in the US Marine Corps. The next day he took us to NYC for a "bucket list" trip his mom wanted to do. Among the stops we made in the city was "Ground Zero". These two images were captured there. I figured today was a good day to share them.

[image]

[image]

Nearly 23 years after...

by jgt, Wednesday, September 11, 2024, 08:52 (35 days ago) @ Paul

Thank you, Paul. We will never forget Pete. Loosing him was like loosing family. I often wonder how Alice and the kids are doing now. Would love to hear news of them.

Nearly 23 years after...

by bj @, Wednesday, September 11, 2024, 09:14 (35 days ago) @ Paul

His last post on the forum:

PCM
I finally got it!!!!!!!!!!!..............
Mon Sep 10 19:34:16 2001

Been waiting FOREVER to find a .44 1950 S&W Target, well, I finally got one!

It was made in 1953, so it is a 5-screw pre-24 model with a 6 1/2" barrel. It has some honest
blue-wear at the muzzle, cylinder, and front of the frame....but this gun is T-I-G-H-T!!! Also, it
still has its original magna-diamond grips.

I am looking foward to putting many thousands of rounds through its barrel........................PETE

PCM

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Wednesday, September 11, 2024, 10:53 (35 days ago) @ Paul

As this date rolls round he is the first thought & name which comes to mind.
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/name/peter-martin-obituary?pid=132236

Nearly 23 years after...

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Wednesday, September 11, 2024, 16:32 (35 days ago) @ Paul

I remember PCM sidewinder . where dose the time go ,23 years it seems like yesterday I will never forget that date and how the world changed for all of us. GOD BLESS PCM and his family. Thanks Paul for posting .

RSS Feed of thread