Odd question, but then again I'm odd...

by A K Church, Sunday, July 14, 2024, 10:08 (64 days ago)

Can anyone tell me the length of an NEF Pardner single shot shotgun, action only.

Buttplate to front of receiver.

NEF's here as well as an old Topper.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, July 14, 2024, 10:31 (64 days ago) @ A K Church

Unfortunately, no Pardner. Sorry.

NEF's here as well as an old Topper.

by A K Church, Sunday, July 14, 2024, 13:39 (64 days ago) @ Hoot

I'd guess the Topper measurements would be ballpark, honestly.

Breechface to buttplate

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, July 14, 2024, 13:48 (64 days ago) @ A K Church

is right at 15". Actual frontest part of the receiver, up beyond the hinge pin is 18-1/8" from the butt.

That, Sir,

by A K Church, Sunday, July 14, 2024, 15:48 (64 days ago) @ Hoot

is going to be very helpful. I assume a reg'lar ad*lt person sized buttstock, and not one for carpet crawlers?

PS, it's flagging the word addult, again.

My mistake...

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, July 14, 2024, 18:05 (64 days ago) @ A K Church

It's an H&R Model 088 And, yes, just a plastic buttplate.

Now I'm curious...

by Paul ⌂, Sunday, July 14, 2024, 20:31 (64 days ago) @ A K Church

but no way to satisfy the curtosity. We've only one singleshot NEF in the armory, but no access until we head north. It has a slightly shorter "youth" stock and is a 223 which has been quite handy for a woodsbumming centerfire. Now I wonder how much shorter the buttstock to muzzle end of action would be. Also, didn't they use pretty much the same action for their rifles and shotguns, or am I misremembering things?

As for the flagging of words - it's been a help in preventing certain kinds of spam, but is a real pain in the posterior for us non-spammers.

Now I'm curious...

by A K Church, Sunday, July 14, 2024, 21:34 (64 days ago) @ Paul

There were 4 actions.

The usual run of shotguns had iron receivers. .410 3" to 12G 3".

There was a heavier receiver in 10Gx3 1/2", and 12Gx3 1/2". I THINK it was still iron. And the barrels were chunky monkeys.

The centerfire rifle receiver was steel.

The rimfire rifle receiver was also steel.

Most of the internals were common through all the line.

RSS Feed of thread