Posted in other places ....

by JimT, Texas, Saturday, April 06, 2024, 22:43 (23 days ago)

I had been talking about S&W Model 10's on another forum. Might as well post it here for those who haven't seen it.

A couple years ago I bought a S&W Model 10 from J&G Sales. It had no barrel. It was a gun that had been exported to another country, used in the Police Force there and then when the Police sold them off an importer here in the US bought a bunch and brought them back in without barrels.

The price was right so I bought one, looking for a project. I probably posted the rebuild here. I bought a heavy 4" barrel and installed it and got the gun running.

AS PURCHASED
[image]

[image]
I was told the guns were from Malaysia. JB stamp on bottom of frame = Jabatan Polis = Malaysian, and means "Police Department" according to Google Translate.

PARTS
[image]

FINISHED PRODUCT
[image]

So ... talking about it on the other Forum reminded me that I had not shot this pistol in quite some time. So Friday I took it to the Range and spent some time with it. I had almost forgotten how sweet the trigger is on the Model 10 S&W guns. This gun had been used for years and it is so nice and smooth! The letoff is almost orgasmic.

I was shooting the Lyman 160 gr. cast flat point over 4.0 gr. of 231. A sweet load. I spent the day shooting groups, offhand at 10 yards. Practicing my sight alignment and trigger control.
AMMO
[image]

FIRST GROUP OF THE DAY
[image]

BEST GROUP OF THE DAY
[image]

Please note that I have not posted the worst groups. I have no desire to embarrass myself.

[image]

The Model 10 S&W is THE most popular pistol with over six million produced by Smith & Wesson and copied by companies around the world. We have several others and they are all quite amazing to shoot. I wonder why I haven't shot it more?

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread