Dillon SDB vs 550B........

by E Sisk, Sunday, January 28, 2024, 13:59 (98 days ago) @ Gunner

I have a pre-B SD for 45 acp as well. I doubled up the primer bar return spring for function and reliability. Never had one break. I seem to go through a lot of the plastic primer tube tips. I load 45 acp, 45 Colt, 41 Magnum on the SD. I agree it is a little involved to change calibers, I deal with it by loading in batches. When I get down to a couple hundred loaded rounds I will process all the empties. Few months ago was 41's Will take me a while to go through 1600 rounds with a FA 97 and Taurus Ti 41. I'm only about half way through my loaded 45 acp's, but am getting pretty close to needing 45 Colt. I have a lot more 45 acp brass than Colt and shoot acp more than Colt and 41, the rotations is usually one batch acp, one 41, three Colt. I have two old Lee 1000's, one for 32 H&R/327, one for 44 spc/mg. One came to me free as parts in a box the other I bought from Jerry Miculek in the 80's, he probably won it off of a prize table. loaded 50k acp's on it, before the SD, when I was shooting IPSC.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread