Knife

by JimT, Texas, Wednesday, September 27, 2023, 09:41 (263 days ago)

I ran across this knife on Amazon. Made by MTech it has a 7" blade and is 11 1/4" overall. Nice carrying knife that is good for sticking or cut and slash. Seems strong and the handle won't keep fingerprints. It's cheap enough you could leave it sticking in someone's chest and just buy another.

Comes with a cheap nylon scabbard but Rob could make a better one for concealing on the inside of your waist I am sure.

[image]

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

Knife

by Jared, Wednesday, September 27, 2023, 23:13 (263 days ago) @ JimT

They have a Trailmaster copy too. I bought mine for $13 and it isn’t a bad knife. I batoned a little wood with it and it held up fine.

Knife

by A K Church, Thursday, September 28, 2023, 02:58 (263 days ago) @ JimT

(1) Two friends of mine carry rather long knives in the 19th Century manner-leather sheath with a brass stud at the top, and no belt loop. These are carried in the waistband, usually concealed. Works better than you'd think.

One packs one of those "Hell's Belle", an Ontario made copy of a Bill Bagwell Bowie with, I think, about a 9" blade.

(2) The Rugged Rob makes great knife sheathes. His scabbard for a Western W49 Bowie made it carry-able for the first time, since the factory sheath was so poorly designed and flimsy.

sKnives can be scarier than a pistol ...

by JimT, Texas, Thursday, September 28, 2023, 14:19 (262 days ago) @ A K Church

depends where you are but I have used knives to good advantage for me, at certain times.

In Mozambique I had a nice fixed blade knife with about a 6" blade in a holder on the transmission hump, near my left hand when behind the wheel. I was giving a Mozambican Pastor a ride home and he noticed it. He said to me (in a surprised tone) "Papa Jim! You have a knife!" I said, "Yes I do." He said, "But you have Jesus." I replied, "I have Jesus and a knife." He did not know what to do with that and was quiet for the rest of the ride.

[image]
I mounted the knife right beside the 4WD Selector Lever.

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

RSS Feed of thread