If you'd told me 40 years ago that someday

by A K Church, Sunday, September 24, 2023, 07:42 (266 days ago)

I'd be driving a Cadillac, legally carrying a switchblade, and legally keeping a suppressed pistol concealed, I woulda thought you were insane.

Then throw in the idea I'd be driving past marijuana stores, operating openly...

If you'd told me 40 years ago that I would live this long

by JimT, Texas, Sunday, September 24, 2023, 08:57 (266 days ago) @ A K Church

I probably would have laughed at you.

As for national, political, social changes ... all I can say is

[image]

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

"The past is a different country" (nt)

by JohnKDM, Sunday, September 24, 2023, 10:04 (266 days ago) @ A K Church

SO TRUE! (nt)

by JimT, Texas, Sunday, September 24, 2023, 10:19 (266 days ago) @ JohnKDM

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

If you'd told me 40 years ago that I would…

by Otony, Sunday, September 24, 2023, 10:21 (266 days ago) @ A K Church

….be shopping in a dispensary for CBD oil, as I did yesterday, I would have told you that is the height of stupidity. And yet not only did I buy some (for joint pain, no THC) I also bought two kinds of CBD gummys to help me sleep.

Somewhere, Nancy Reagan is rolling over in her grave…..

Otony

I suppose I should add that at 9:15 in the morning, the sales clerk in the shop was already tripping balls

If you'd told me 40 years ago that I would…

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, September 24, 2023, 13:00 (266 days ago) @ Otony

I wish it were legal here in IN, one because it’s stupid that a plant is illegal, but two, because I would like to try some of the derivatives for my various aches and pains. Not saying I would never use it for recreational purposes, but I’m pretty happy with Rum and Whisky, and I’ve made it 46 years without trying it so why break the streak. I’m sure there are ways around it being illegal here, but if nothing else, I get drug tested for our local and honestly, I make too damned much money to screw it up by taking some pill that is ‘supposedly THC free’!

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Amazingly enough…..

by Otony, Sunday, September 24, 2023, 16:43 (266 days ago) @ Slow Hand

…..here in Washington you can buy CBD gummies and oil at the grocery store! Don’t even have to go to a dispensary.

My first visit to a dispensary was an eye opener. I was shopping for CBD oil to dose our dog before the 4th of July. It’s a small town, and I’m not sure what I was expecting, but I didn’t expect to see Grandma, or a businessman in a three piece suit. Nor did I expect to see a housewife, the construction worker was not a big surprise however, lol.

What they were buying was absolutely none of my business, but there they all were, just like it was no big deal.

Even without THC (which I am not so sure I entirely believe), if you get tested it’s probably best to not take even the supposedly “cleanest” oil.

Otony

If you'd told me 40 years ago that someday

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, September 24, 2023, 13:01 (266 days ago) @ A K Church

If you’d have to,d me 30 years ago I’d be driving a Jap truck and a Brit bike, I’d have laughed at you too!

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

so true ! and legally carrying concealed in so many states!

by cable, Sunday, September 24, 2023, 15:52 (266 days ago) @ A K Church

its easy to forget that from our perspective, a lot of real progress has occurred !

RSS Feed of thread