Remembering Peter Martin (PCM)

by JimT, Texas, Monday, September 11, 2023, 08:16 (375 days ago)

One of the guys who was a regular on the old Sixgunner.Com website was Peter Martin. He was a husband, a father, and a sixgunner. He was also a member of the New York Fire Department and was in the World Trade Center on that awful day in 2001. Some of you old-timers who were part of the Sixgunner family remember him.

I received this sad message from his wife in December 2001 .. "Sat Dec 8, 2001

Greetings. I want you all to know that they have recovered Peter's body from the World Trade Center. I received official notification last night at 9:00 (NY time). We are all grateful for the opportunity for closure, but our hearts are heavy. I wanted all of you to know. Thank you again for all your prayers and support during the past three months. God bless you all. With warm regards, Alice Martin (Mrs. PCM) "

I kept in touch with his wife and kids until we moved to Mozambique but lost contact with so many. I have often wondered how she was doing. She was a strong lady and kept her family together.

[image]

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

by Fivegunner @, LOWELL Mi., Monday, September 11, 2023, 08:49 (375 days ago) @ JimT

I remember Peter C Martin, and his last post about a (New to him) .44SPL. that he had just bought and had not shot it . I will never forget.

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Monday, September 11, 2023, 09:13 (375 days ago) @ JimT

Rescue Squad #2, Brooklyn if memory serves. I spoke to the Church of Pete yesterday. Great guy. Met him first at the Noreaster in Bucks County, Pa. Some pictures here somewhere. Notice the article below states: A veteran firefighter with numerous decorations for bravery.
http://www.thebravest.net/html/members_individual/martin_peter/martin_newsday_article.html

by Drago, Monday, September 11, 2023, 12:41 (374 days ago) @ JimT

Peter Martin's last post on 9.10.01:

PCM
I finally got it!!!!!!!!!!!..............
Mon Sep 10 19:34:16 2001

Been waiting FOREVER to find a .44 1950 S&W Target, well, I finally got one!

It was made in 1953, so it is a 5-screw pre-24 model with a 6 1/2" barrel. It has some honest blue-wear at the muzzle, cylinder, and front of the frame....but this gun is T-I-G-H-T!!! Also, it still has its original magna-diamond grips.

I am looking foward to putting many thousands of rounds through its barrel........................PETE
Rest in Peace brother.

Thanks for posting this. I remember it but did not have it.

by JimT, Texas, Monday, September 11, 2023, 12:51 (374 days ago) @ Drago

I am gonna copy it.

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

I came here today because of this too.

by anachronism, Monday, September 11, 2023, 18:38 (374 days ago) @ JimT

I came here today because of this too.

One thing I will always remember.

by cas, Monday, September 11, 2023, 22:10 (374 days ago) @ Creeker

Sitting in the "living room" of Joe's house (a maybe 200+ year old farm house that didn't look a day over 150 ;-) ) Very "rustic".
I was sitting in a chair on one side of the doorway to the kitchen, he was on the other side sitting in a chair or on the couch. I looked over at him, he looked at me and gave me this look as if to say... 'What the hell are we doing here?" :-D

I've said it before, while I'd seen him several times in local gun stores, I'd never met him before that trip. And honestly we didn't talk all that much at the time, I guess cause we assumed now that we'd been introduced we'd see each other often. I never did.

One thing I will always remember.

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 08:23 (374 days ago) @ cas

Well it's a big ole place you guys lived in. Yet there you were in the same farm house in another state. Go figure.

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 08:26 (374 days ago) @ Drago

Thanks. I've read that many times over the last 22 years & think of what might have been.

by Brian A, Michigan, Tuesday, September 12, 2023, 11:38 (374 days ago) @ JimT

Always think about him each year and say a prayer that his family is doing well.

RSS Feed of thread