Never thought much about .350 Legend.

by A K Church, Sunday, August 13, 2023, 04:10 (404 days ago)
edited by A K Church, Sunday, August 13, 2023, 10:11

At range yesterday, guy was shooting one, suppressed. On a Savage 111 action, and a SIG dot sight.

It was quiet, really quiet. Groups at 100 were around an inch, which with a dot sight is right good, his group was smaller than the dot. He was shooting heavy bullet subsonic ammo, of course-250 gr, maybe.

I shoot 220-250gr lead bullets loaded to 1050fps in several

by JohnKDM, Sunday, August 13, 2023, 11:55 (404 days ago) @ A K Church

300BLK rifles. Very quiet through a 30cal centerfire can. The thing that will surprise the unsuspecting is how much velocity that 220gr Lyman 311284 lead pencil retains at 300yds, and how hard it spanks steel.

It does drop more that most modern rounds making range estimation a serious requirement - a 100yd zero needs +9.4 mils at 300yds (935fps), and +20.1 mils at 500yds (878fps). All this makes for an interesting shooting session! Numbers from Strelok Pro, validated on the range from a Ruger American.

I shoot 220-250gr lead bullets loaded to 1050fps in several

by Gunner @, St Louis, Sunday, August 13, 2023, 12:17 (403 days ago) @ JohnKDM

How often do you have to clean out the can from shooting lead bullets thru it??? Had someone suggest lead bullets thru my AR 300 BO with a can, not sure I want to mess with lead bullets in a AR gas system but curious about the can.

Gunner

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

Ongoing experiment. I dedicated a prototype shop can to

by JohnKDM, Sunday, August 13, 2023, 13:15 (403 days ago) @ Gunner

lead loads and after 1500rnds it weighs slightly heavier so there is a buildup of fouling inside but still no effect on suppression that I can discern.

The solution to this I really wanted to embrace was powder coating; however, the 1000 I purchased left a buildup in the bore that was not visible to the naked eye (in fact, the bore looked perfectly clean) yet caused accuracy to vanish. A borescope showed something in the corners of the lands and grooves. The only way I could remove it was by using a Foul-Out machine - and the machine and the solution it uses are both discontinued.

This was several years ago. I still want to like powder coating, particularly for use in cans, so I will eventually set up to make my own PC bullets so I can trial different coatings.

Ongoing experiment. I dedicated a prototype shop can to

by A K Church, Sunday, August 13, 2023, 13:23 (403 days ago) @ JohnKDM

Powder coating in cans is a really interesting, and probably worthwhile subject for testing. I'm excited to hear of it.

Tell us more when you are able, pls.

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, August 13, 2023, 13:51 (403 days ago) @ A K Church

I received a free ~10” 350 barrel awhile back. Built up an opera for it and took it to the range, I think one time. It is an interesting caliber and would be fun to play with heavy subsonic loads. I am pretty sure I got die’s and some bullets as well, but don’t think I ever shot more than one box/magazine of ammo through it. I’m assuming a standard aluminum 9mm can is t strong enough to handle 350, even subsonic loads.

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

by A K Church, Sunday, August 13, 2023, 14:06 (403 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Didn't think to ask about the suppressor, but it was bigger than an average pistol can by 1/3 or more.

RSS Feed of thread