At Academy Today

by JimT, Texas, Tuesday, August 08, 2023, 15:22 (408 days ago)
edited by JimT, Tuesday, August 08, 2023, 15:33

[image]

1100 rounds of Federal .22 Long Rifle copper plated hollow points for 6 1/2 cents a round. I could not pass it up.

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

At Academy Today

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Wednesday, August 09, 2023, 04:20 (408 days ago) @ JimT

Nice! That ought to keep you busy for a day or two!

I kind of joke about that but back in my college days, a buddy and I would head to Walmart and each grab a 550 round bulk pack of Federals and head to the range with a MkI And a 10/22 and come back with sore thumbs and no ammo! We finally found a few spent aluminum blazer 44 mag cases and used them to help push down the little button on the Ruger pistols magazine and that helped out immensely!

They are building an academy here pretty close by. There is one in a town about an hour or hour and a half away, but I never have much call to go to that odd town, so I’ve not been in an Academy in years.

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

At Academy Today

by Paul ⌂, Wednesday, August 09, 2023, 09:01 (408 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Funny. When I was in college my cousin and I'd go buy a brick of Federal Lightning ammo apiece and head out into the chat piles on our motorcycles and burn it up through our Ruger Mk II's. We both had the 6 7/8" (IIRC) tapered target barreled pistols and would compete at shooting tiny targets. Somewhere I may still have the half of a penny that stayed in the crack of the rock where he put it and bet me two rounds of ammo I couldn't hit it on the first shot from how ever far back we were. The two rounds of ammo went down range soon after they came into my possession. :-D It wasn't until much later that the bulk packs came into play. A brick of ammo was a sizable investment for a college kid with only part time employment. BUT the enjoyment we'd get from those excursions is remembered to this day.

RSS Feed of thread