IF you went to church instead of posting on the internet

by JimT, Texas, Sunday, June 04, 2023, 07:59 (474 days ago)
edited by JimT, Sunday, June 04, 2023, 08:17

what gun would you carry?

My choices are either the Star PD or the 1911 ... or both. The idea being your backup gun oughta be bigger than your primary because if you need it, something ain't working right. :-)

[image]

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

by A K Church, Sunday, June 04, 2023, 16:49 (474 days ago) @ JimT

Jeff Cooper wrote in the '70s about a Secret Service op assigned to VIP protection. He carried 2 S&W Model 58s in shoulder holsters.

That's a LOT of weight. But I bet it was comforting weight.

I might do any of a number of modern .45 semiautos, and something like a Smith Model 60.

by Catoosa, Monday, June 05, 2023, 09:51 (473 days ago) @ JimT

Little country church 'way out in the boonies. Usually a 9 Shield. Browning High Power in the truck just in case.

Plenty of help. Lots of good ol' boys in the congregation, including a couple of LEOs...

AIN'T GOD GOOD!

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, June 05, 2023, 18:16 (472 days ago) @ JimT

I go to church. Yesterday I ran our little church safety team. [image]
[image]
[image]
IFAK kit and a DSMS Safety Banner

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by Paul ⌂, Tuesday, June 06, 2023, 12:55 (472 days ago) @ JimT

Lately it's been a S$W Shield in 9mm as that's the first out of the cache and the first holster, too. Been too busy to dig deeper until yesterday. This weekend it'll likely be the Model 10 which is more familiar as it's similar to what I normally use down south. The downside is that I found my S.R. pancake has narrower slots than my belt is wide. So am carrying with the 3" K-frame version instead of the 4". Weird, I don't recall having that issue before, not sure what changed other than I'm wearing the belt Rob made me last year - which I THOUGHT was the same width as what I'd used before. Anyway, haven't yet taken time to try the Taurus 431 with 3" barrel for which the current holster was acquired, but as it's got rubber grippystockhandlethingies instead of wood I'm a bit concerned about that. Need to grab it and wear it around the house a bit and see what I think. 5 rounds of 44 SPL beat 6 rounds of 38 Spl - as long as I can hit with them.

RSS Feed of thread