Did a little leather work today…

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, April 16, 2023, 17:58 (523 days ago)

My first mod to my newest toy; a 1930 Model A vintage style hot rod. It had wired ropes to work as hood hold downs. They worked fine but just didn’t look right. A quick visit to the local Tandy store yesterday got me some materials and along with some of my kydex holster making supplies and some work today got it looking more ‘vintage’. I have a few other mods in mind but for the most part I’m in love with this classy old rig!

[image]

[image]

[image]

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Lookin' good!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, April 16, 2023, 18:15 (523 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Almost makes me wish I still turned a wrench. Oh, there's projects there but I don't seem to spend much time working them.

Lookin' good!

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, April 16, 2023, 18:20 (523 days ago) @ Hoot

Yeah since getting this thing; my one big project has kinda stalled. Need to get back on that one!

--

HA!

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, April 16, 2023, 19:00 (523 days ago) @ Slow Hand

I've got multiple projects stalled on multiple fronts. Melodie and I were going over the State of the Universe yesterday. I have 2 pistols out with 2 different 'smiths. 2 rifles out with another. A new rifle coming soon. Maybe 3 rifles I haven't loaded for or shot.

And then, there's the 4 vehicles which need attentions...and none of them are the daily drivers.

I have serious concerns about my state of mind....

HA!

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, April 16, 2023, 19:11 (523 days ago) @ Hoot

Sounds great! It’s always good to have things to look forward to!

I’m surprised to have all vehicles running and driving at the moment. If I had more room; I’d have more projects for sure!

On the gun front I can think of two rifles I’m looking to covert to .32 SWL. I need to do a forcing cone on two .45 revolvers and there’s my lightweight.45 SAA project that hasn’t been touched since the Model A came home. When it comes to guns that shoot but haven’t found loads for; well don’t get me started on that! I’m too cheap to send much out to a smith so I don’t have any of those to look forward to…

--

3 generations of Ford bangers:

by A K Church, Monday, April 17, 2023, 06:57 (522 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Knew a guy...

His street rod was a '27 T roadster body, on a Model A frame, and using a late 30s Model B industrial engine. I realize Model B was not a factory designation, but people know what you mean...

Wide 5 steelies, late 30s hydraulic brakes. Muted yellow/cream color, brown interior. And very well done, but not recent, work.

3 generations of Ford bangers:

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Monday, April 17, 2023, 09:00 (522 days ago) @ A K Church

That sounds pretty cool. I have t buckets stuck in my head so bad that I have a hard time liking anything with a Model T body, it some of the early style especially with the ‘turtle back’ bodies are cool!

I’ve always heard ‘32s referred to as Model B’s. Not sure if that designation stuck around past 1932 or not or if it even was a factory designation.

I was told my motor was a 1947 and it came out of a crane! I know that Ford sold a ton of engines for all kinds of industrial uses and still does. We had a big air compressor for work and it was a small block Ford where one head was the air compressor part so basically it ran on 4 cylinders. I also saw a natural gas powered V10 ford engine on a backup generator on a job once.

--

HA!

by Jared, Monday, April 17, 2023, 00:09 (522 days ago) @ Hoot

Hoot, I have so many projects going at any one time I am not sure how I stay sane. Maybe I don’t. I jump around from one to another then remember I never finished the last thing. I still have that bed for my 76 stepside to get a floor in and put it on truck. It is taking up shop space so maybe I can get it out sooner rather than later.

I get that for sure.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Monday, April 17, 2023, 09:41 (522 days ago) @ Jared

I do make progress but it by fits and starts as opposed to the steady sort.

Everyone should have one of those projects

by Brien @, NWArkansas, Sunday, April 16, 2023, 19:57 (522 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Mine was a '40 Ford coupe with a 394 cu in Olds.
It was in the early 70's.
Now I am in my early 70's

Everyone should have one of those projects

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, April 16, 2023, 21:25 (522 days ago) @ Brien

That sounds awesome! I w always loved the 39/40 fords.

--

Nice! I always loved working on the old Ford flatheads.

by JimT, Texas, Sunday, April 16, 2023, 21:56 (522 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Started when I was 15 ... 1961. Bought a 47 Merc couple with a dropped front axle .. built up a 53 Ford flathead for it. The heads were shaved, it ported, 4" stroke Mercury crank, bored 1/8", Fenton headers, Mallory dual point ignition, dual Stromberg carbs, shaved flywheel, 11" truck clutch. Converted the car to 8 volts as the 6 volt would barely crank the high compression engine. Lights were nice a bright for a time. I didn't even have a drivers license when I got it running.

[image]

[image]

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

Nice! I always loved working on the old Ford flatheads.

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Monday, April 17, 2023, 08:56 (522 days ago) @ JimT

That’s awesome! My grandparents had a 47 or 48 Merc when my dad was young. Dad was telling me that even though they had a pretty new 55 ford, the kids convinced Pop to take the older Merc to Florida. A decent trip from indiana!

I’d like to put dual carbs on this one and eventually some finned aluminum heads, but that is as much for look as performance! It rings great so I don’t want to tear it apart any time soon! This one has been converted to 12v and has a Mallory electronic ignition. It fires right up and runs like a top! Sounds like you’re a was an awesome build. Thanks for posting the pictures of it!

--

Did a little leather work today…

by Jared, Monday, April 17, 2023, 00:10 (522 days ago) @ Slow Hand

That looks much better than the cables that were on there.

RSS Feed of thread