photo shows the red dot that will accompany all new Marlin

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, April 01, 2023, 12:04 (538 days ago)

Our friends at Ruger have announced that the entire line of Marlin lever actions, to include the newly-reengineered Model 336 and Model 1894 rifles, will be shipped with red dots, straight from the factory;
[image]
This leaked photo shows the red dot that will accompany all of the new Marlin rifles.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

STOLEN!

by JimT, Texas, Saturday, April 01, 2023, 12:10 (538 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

STOLEN! like I did from my friend LTC Mike Wood.

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Saturday, April 01, 2023, 12:11 (538 days ago) @ JimT
edited by Rob Leahy, Saturday, April 01, 2023, 15:02

I put it on Leverguns and said that I stole it from you.

by JimT, Texas, Saturday, April 01, 2023, 12:14 (538 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

:-)

--
Ele era velho.
Ele era corajoso.
Ele era feio.

As I've mentioned to pals on other forums..

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Saturday, April 01, 2023, 19:11 (538 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

That was mighty nice of Marlin to mark the spot where you drill a hole for the rear swivel!

Looks like Ruger missed it altogether ;)

by E Sisk, Sunday, April 02, 2023, 02:15 (537 days ago) @ Sarge

Gee thanks Sarge! I am now going to have to take three extra blood pressure pills.

Oh, MAN WE HAVE ALL SEEN THOSE... Or where someone

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, April 02, 2023, 10:58 (537 days ago) @ Sarge

just gouged the target out...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

I've got an old 336 ...

by Sarge ⌂ @, Central Misery, Sunday, April 02, 2023, 13:42 (537 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Texan made in 1955, Ballard rifled and in 35 Remington. It is easily the best shooting and slickest running Marlin I've ever shot, much less owned.

I got it maybe six months before the Price Stupids set in. Long ago, somebody in GA decided a rear swivel made more sense than a little plastic dot. No matter, I bought it to shoot. It has become my favorite rifle.

[image]

by Bob Hatfield @, Sunday, April 02, 2023, 15:08 (537 days ago) @ Sarge

When I was young and dumber than I am now, I used to think that Marlin Bullseye was a marker to drill for the sling mount.

RSS Feed of thread