Has John Linebaugh passed?

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Sunday, March 19, 2023, 22:58 (550 days ago)
edited by Rob Leahy, Sunday, March 19, 2023, 23:04

I've herd a rumor.[image] A photo I took in happier times.

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Yes. He had a heart attack today. He will be missed.

by JimT, Texas, Sunday, March 19, 2023, 23:09 (550 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

I was honored to be counted as one of his friends.

GRAND FRIEND AND A TRUE SIXGUN PIONEER!

by JT, Sunday, March 19, 2023, 23:21 (550 days ago) @ JimT

HE WILL BE MISSED

Such a humble, great man. I jsut spoke to him a bit ago

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Monday, March 20, 2023, 11:30 (550 days ago) @ JT

dang. JT, I am so glad I got to meet him at you place!

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

by Gary G, Monday, March 20, 2023, 19:31 (549 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

Very Sad for his Family,,,,,,Deepest Respects to them

by Creeker @, Hardwoods, Monday, March 20, 2023, 19:50 (549 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

He was the man.

Time is not kind...

by Byron, Tuesday, March 21, 2023, 14:13 (549 days ago) @ Creeker

I had the privilege to spend time (and $$$$) with him when he lived in Maryville before moving back to Cody.

Over some years he built for me a .22RF, .32 Mag, .32-20, 357, 41, .44, .45 and .475 Bisley Rugers.

While I have custom revolvers by most of the big names, his work was my favorite. There was just something special about them. Most of the jobs I have have a clickity click sensation when they are cocked. John's free wheel action job felt like winding a Rolex.

A couple of memories of John were the way he did his trigger job/freewheel action work using a hand drill (like you crank with your hand), a torch and a punch.

Also, the stick of dynamite he kept in his tool box.

And of course when I was there once a gentleman stopped by and ask what kind of gun he should get for his wife. John said "I guess that all depends on how much you love her".

B

RSS Feed of thread