My top breaks

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Saturday, March 18, 2023, 20:02 (551 days ago)

These don’t have nearly the interesting story as Jim’s ‘Lazarus’ top break does but I like them nonetheless. This pair consists of a Webley MkIV originally in 455 Webley/Eley but it has been ‘shaved’ for 45 acp in moon clips. I have a small supply of 45 auto rim cases I use for this and have stolen the name of .45 Fauxbly with lighter loads in the stubby little cases. The other one is a Smith ‘Lemon Squeezer in .38 S&W. It a.so shoots very well for what it is. I haven’t had it for one but it is a lot of fun to plink with.

[image]

As you can see from this picture, they both have very similar ~4” barrel lengths.

[image]

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

If they could talk they would have very interesting stories.

by JimT, Texas, Saturday, March 18, 2023, 20:06 (551 days ago) @ Slow Hand

:-)

SOME OF DIAMOND DOT'S TOP BREAKS

by JT, Sunday, March 19, 2023, 00:42 (551 days ago) @ JimT

[image][image][image][image]

SOME OF DIAMOND DOT'S TOP BREAKS

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, March 19, 2023, 07:42 (551 days ago) @ JT

Very nice! I’d love to have an old Smith single action top break some day.

[image]

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Here's a couple more....

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, March 19, 2023, 12:01 (551 days ago) @ Slow Hand

The Enfield and the nickel Owl's Head are no longer here....traded off for something. But the good looking H&R is here as it was a gift from Dad. These are/were all .38S&W. There were a couple ratty .32S&W Iver's here but they got traded off as well. One was on consignment at a little shop with a price tag of $20 with a "period holster". As I was buying it, I asked the shop owner that, "Since the minimum consignment charge is $20, what will the owner get out of this?" We had a little laugh over that.

[image]

[image]

[image]

SA TOP BREAKS

by JT, Sunday, March 19, 2023, 13:46 (551 days ago) @ Slow Hand

[image][image][image]

RSS Feed of thread