C & R License

by Don Sikes @, Vera Cruz, Missouri, Saturday, March 04, 2023, 17:12 (566 days ago)

Have a question for the gang here...

I'm thinking of getting a C&R license...

since most of the guns I have acquired and look to acquire are made prior to 1970 (over 50 years old)... is it worth it to get a C&R License? .. the transfer fee at most FLL's is $25 so the $30 for three years for the license seems cheap enough.. for those of you that have one... how much of a hassle is it and do you find sellers hesitant to sell to a C&R License holder?... or should I go full bore and go for an FFL license (since I don't have a store-front... don't know if they still do "home-based" FFL licenses).. or do I just bite the bullet and stay with my current method of transferring thru my local FFL holder.. he's dependable and I do like to do business with local guys and keep them operating...

C & R License

by JT, Saturday, March 04, 2023, 18:21 (566 days ago) @ Don Sikes

YOUR LAST STATEMEMNT SAYS IT ALL

C & R License

by E Sisk, Saturday, March 04, 2023, 18:36 (565 days ago) @ Don Sikes

My opinion. Long time back, I considered this exact scenario. My decision, I did not want to give ATF warrantless access, at there discretion, to my domicile, a book containing every single personal firearm I own, every firearm I purchase, every firearm I sell or gift to friends and family. We are lucky in Louisiana a CCW allows purchase without instant background check, my FFL just records the sale in 'his' book.

It's the same in Texas.

by JimT, Texas, Saturday, March 04, 2023, 19:09 (565 days ago) @ E Sisk

thanks guys

by Don Sikes @, Vera Cruz, Missouri, Sunday, March 05, 2023, 00:33 (565 days ago) @ Don Sikes

Thanks for your thoughts.... I think I'll take JT's advice and stick with using my local FFL holder... he's a good guy and has helped me out before when I needed to sell a couple of my guns to help pay some bills... so he'll continue to get my business with much appreciation...

Missouri is a constitutional carry state so I don't "need" a CCL to carry here but I might give it a nother thought... don't have to do a call-in background check when I fill out the form at my FFL, and it might come in handy when and if I have to travel between states... like when I go visit family in Texas...

Thanks all ... much appreciation for your insights...

RSS Feed of thread