Finally got my first Marlin 39

by Slow Hand ⌂ @, Indiana, Sunday, February 26, 2023, 14:10 (572 days ago)

Due to the prodding of several good guys who haunt this board and also Facebook, I picked up my first ever Marlin 39a this morning. Looks like it was made in the 70’s and is rough but shoots wonderfully well! It has a scope base that was causing a lot of glare and was mostly obscuring the lower part of my sight picture but it still printed some dandy groups at 20 yards! Did some plinking with it at steel plated and then moved to the 100 yard range before I left. I was aiming at some large steel plates at 100, and was over compensating for the distance and shooting way over them. Finally picked out a rock on the backstop and realized my error. Aimed dead on at the 4” or so rock and smacked it several times in a row! Dinged the steel with ease as long as I did my part after that. Kinda bummed I have waited this long to get one!

[image]

[image]

--
https://facebook.com/M2bKydex/

Glad you got one Doug.

by Hoot @, Diversityville, Liberal-sota, Sunday, February 26, 2023, 18:27 (572 days ago) @ Slow Hand

They are a treasure for sure.

Goy my first Marlin 39in 1956.

by JT, Sunday, February 26, 2023, 19:47 (571 days ago) @ Slow Hand

I tnow belongs to my oldest daughter.

Finally got my first Marlin 39

by JohnKDM, Sunday, February 26, 2023, 19:51 (571 days ago) @ Slow Hand

Good show! Those people know things.

Depends on ammo of course, but with CCI SV and a 50yd zero, there's about a 7" drop at 100yds.

Every shooter....

by Glen, Monday, February 27, 2023, 16:57 (571 days ago) @ Slow Hand

...should own a Marlin 39!

RSS Feed of thread