Using RCBS Dies in Dillon 550b

by Gary G, Wednesday, February 08, 2023, 14:30 (590 days ago)

Hello to all, Still look at site often but do not post much..

Big Welcome back to Mr Taylor,,,,Glad to see Sixgunner still Posting too.

Load a lot of 44 special with Keith Lyman bullets……I seem to remember from this site years ago, There was a roll crimp issue with there dies and the Keith bullet and the heavy roll crimp it requires… Wonder about there crimp die AND if I should just order the Dillon dies and be done with it,,,,i do have carbide sizer die. RCBS Brand Or use the RCBS Crimp die with there brand dies if such a issue exsist

Warmest Regards to all.. thanks for looking

RCBS Dies in Dillon 550b

by Gunner @, St Louis, Wednesday, February 08, 2023, 19:18 (589 days ago) @ Gary G

I like and prefer RCBS dies, that is what I use in my Dillon 550. The die head on the 550 accepts standard 7/8" dies. While Dillon dies are OK, they seem kinda basic, they work but prefer RCBS.
I use two seat/crimp dies, one for seating bullet and one for crimping, easier to set each die for a single action then trying to align up everything in one stroke.

Gunner

--
https://www.instagram.com/41gunner/
41 Mags rule, Baers rock!

RCBS Dies in Dillon 550b

by Gary G, Sunday, February 12, 2023, 10:35 (586 days ago) @ Gunner

Thank you sir,,,,,

Gary! Great to see you posting. yes, I do it the way Gunner

by Rob Leahy ⌂ @, Prescott, Arizona, Thursday, February 23, 2023, 17:16 (574 days ago) @ Gary G

recommended separate seating crimping. In fact Dillon sets on the stations that way. pour powder then seat... oy it's been a while since i've used a 550...

--
Of the Troops & For the Troops

Rob Thanks for checking in, thinking of you and family

by Gary G, Sunday, February 26, 2023, 22:47 (571 days ago) @ Rob Leahy

just the other day,,,,Hope everyone is doing well...Glad to see you here also..

RSS Feed of thread